Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CDJs vs Vinyl

• 17-12-2009 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

This has probably been discussed in the past, but I want to start mixing and I don't know which one to get. Suggestions please?? Advantages n Disadvantages of both if possible. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Tape FTW
    19313082_6aa67ef185.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

CDs are easier, you can do a lot more with them, and as regards music, are a lot cheaper. But, apparently the sound quality is better with vinyl, unless you use FLAC or high quality WAV CDs, in which case, the sound quality is the same. Even so, there's always people that will say vinyl is the best, just because it's cooler. You'll hear a lot about 'a fresh slab of...' etc.

It's up to you really. A pair of good vinyl decks are a lot cheaper than CD decks, and you probably are better off learning on vinyl, as it will teach you more, but buying vinyl is seriously expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

rm_2008 wrote: »
    This has probably been discussed in the past, but I want to start mixing and I don't know which one to get. Suggestions please?? Advantages n Disadvantages of both if possible. Cheers

youd get more responses to your questions in the DANCE MUSIC AND DJING FORUM.this one is for MUSIC PRODUCTION.

here we discuss how to make tracks,the djing forum is for discussions about djing

(these questions seem to be popping up alot lately for some reason)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭rm_2008

sorry bout that, thanks for all your help lads! lmao @ the pic above!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

get serato

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭vinylbomb

Laptop + Traktor + Audio interface = Sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Ableton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Advertisement