Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackburn v Spurs 19th Dec

Options
  • 17-12-2009 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

Blackburn are unbeaten at home since they lost on the first day of the season.

They're home record is so far is:

Plyd: 8 Won: 4 Draw: 3 Lost:1

This won't be an easy game, however if Harry can motivate the players to keep up the same skill and determination showed against Man City, then I think we should nick a win

Prediction: 2-1 to the Spurs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

0-2 to spurs

defoe and bassong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

City - we needed the win above all else just to keep our hopes alive.

For me, this is more of a test of where we are. Do we have the mentality and back-bone to go up to a freezing Ewood Park, where they'll be kicking the sh1t out of us and bombarding us with long-balls??

Big test for the likes of Bassong, BAE, the Croatians, Gomez, Hudd, JJ - even Lennon - Alladyce won't make the same mistake Hughes did and let him run riot.

If we win this one - they'll make a believer out of me again!!

2-1 Spurs - Crouch and Defoe either side of half-time, Blackburn pull one back with 15 minutes to go, but we hold on with a nervy finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

From the official Spurs site

Team News

18 December 2009

Harry Redknapp reports that Luka Modric is out of Saturday's trip to Blackburn.
    The midfielder returned to action with a 30-minute stint off the bench against Wolves last weekend after three months out with a fractured fibula.
    He remained on the bench for Wednesday's win against City and Harry said this morning that he won't be travelling to Ewood Park.
    "Luka's got a bit of a ankle problem and he won't be fit for Blackburn," said Harry.
    David Bentley is also a doubt with a calf strain. "He's also struggling," added Harry. "To be honest, he's very, very doubtful."
    Ledley King returned to training on Friday after his recent knee problem but Harry confirmed that he's not in contention to face Blackburn. However, he is expected to return to action over the Christmas period.
    Jonathan Woodgate (groin) and Carlo Cudicini (pelvis, wrist) remain sidelined.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/teamnews1811209.html

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

I think it will be a draw with Robbo having a stormer. I hope I am wrong though. I can see the usual Fat Sam tactics of sending out his players out to maim our danger man so I fear for Lennon.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I think a draw sounds about right. Sam won't make the same mistake that Hughes did and Lennon will be tightly marked. All we can hope is that the team get a fright from their antics and want to prove a point. I'd absolutely love 3 points though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I'll stick my neck out and say 3 1 away win.

And Crouch is well due a goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Crouchy scores. Crazy reffing. Dawson should be in the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

great header by crouch right on the stroke of half time!!! one nil spurs. come on.

harry redknaps blue and white army

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I want two more before i can rest easy

"And now that Spurs have got their nose ahead, Harry will definitely want 3 points."

"When you've got questions to answer... best to answer them... on the pitch."

Who is this muppet commentator?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Had Crouch backed at 6/1 :)
    Big win seeing as city and villa are both winning.

delighted with our back to back wins great gritty performance exactly what we needed Blackburn probably deserved a goal but Gomes was superb to give us our clean sheet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

great away win for us today. absorbed a lot of pressure , had a bit of luck and took our chances. pity villa won. fulham next week will be a tough one after they thumped united. a result will be great there. wonder what harry will do to punish the lads on monday

oh ya is it just me or was there a serious chorus of Keano going around when he came on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Delighted with the win....Lets hope Hull do us a favour :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Delighted with that win away from home,didn't get to see any of the game who played well for our side ?

tippspur wrote: »
    Delighted with that win away from home,didn't get to see any of the game who played well for our side ?
    It was actually all very scrappy and disjointed. I wouldn't call any of the performances great. Maybe Gomes. Lennon had some nice runs but little to show for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Kold wrote: »
    It was actually all very scrappy and disjointed. I wouldn't call any of the performances great. Maybe Gomes. Lennon had some nice runs but little to show for them.

3 point away from home, scrappy or not, are always welcome.

yiddo wrote: »
    3 point away from home, scrappy or not, are always welcome.
    Oh I'm not gonna send them back :P There were a few hairy moments though and I don't think Crouch has proven himself just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

Always a good sign when you win games not playing your best:)

• Advertisement

I really am worried about january it will make or break our challange for champions league football I can't see us doing well with BAE gone and Bale in on the left It really worries me and the prospect of possibly having corluka in center defense and hutton on the right

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Delighted we got the 3 points even if it wasn't the best performance. Was pleased for Crouch and happy to see Robbie get more than 10 mins from the subs bench.

I didn't see the game but listened to the radio online. From the report it sounded like a very dogged performance and sure when your away from home a dogged 3pts will do just fine thank you very much.

Only downside for today, is that Arsenal, Villa and City all won. Just a shame when I think about the recent results against Everton and Wolves. We should have taken 5 points more from those games and would therefore be in 2nd place on 38pts.

Still if we can win the next two (Fulham [a] & West Ham [h]) then maybe we can catch up or even pass Villa whose next two fixtures are Arsenal (a) and Liverpool (h).

RichMc70 wrote: »
    Still if we can win the next two (Fulham [a] & West Ham [h]) then maybe we can catch up or even pass Villa whose next two fixtures are Arsenal (a) and Liverpool (h).

derby games are always tough so 6 points whilst possible will be very hard work. I reckon point at Fulham and 3 at home to the spammers is more likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

yiddo wrote: »
    derby games are always tough so 6 points whilst possible will be very hard work. I reckon point at Fulham and 3 at home to the spammers is more likely.

I'd agree with this, though you'd never know. I wouldn't have thought we'd go to a freezing Blackburn and beat them by 2 without conceeding! Surprised and utterly delighted with the result, made all the more important because our rivals won.

It will be interesting to see what happens with City's challenge now, though we just need to keep focused and get the results before worrying about anybody else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Kolya

Delighted with the win :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Kastiel

Was delighted to see Niko score two :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Kastiel wrote: »
    Was delighted to see Niko score two :D
    That was against Man City. ;)

Great result yesterday, I agree. Fulham will be tough and I'm sure Zamora will be up for it after flopping at Spurs a while back.
    When your sitting in row Z and the ball hits your head that's Zamora....
    :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Kastiel

el diablo wrote: »
    That was against Man City. ;)

Quite right, my apologies. The result of quick fire posting :(

Let's change it to "Delighted to see Peter score two:D"

Still great to get three points away from home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

This was a fantastic result.

Forget the fact it was a scrappy game. I've not once seen a free-flowing entertaining game involving a team managed by Sam Alladyce - especially in the snow!

This showed we have balls and can fight for results. I can guarantee Arsenal would have lost that game.

Glad Crouch got his scoring boots aswell!

I've said this before but what an opportunity this season represents. One of the so-called 'Top 4' Liverpool are in disarray. Arsenal will start to struggle now its winter. City have just sacked their manager. And we completely out-played Villa on their own park a couple of weeks ago.

I don't think anyone would have predicted we would still be up there after 18 games! Keep it up Spurs, bring on the Xmas programme.

COYS!

Advertisement