Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you like Wallis?

• 17-12-2009 4:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭

Do you like Wallis? This has saddened me today, this store has been a regular point in my Grafton St walks:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/commercialproperty/2009/1216/1224260755635.html

I've only discovered Wallis recently, I used to think it's a "classic and plain" brand but I gave them a chance and I found out that their clothes are really well done, shapely and not boring at all - they form a good base for strong accessorising and have nice cut in general. They are much better finished than Warehouse or Oasis and surprisingly cheaper then both of them? Their jewellery is also much better quality than other high street brands - it lasts! - and I love its designs and colours. Lovely boots too.

Is there Wallis in Dundrum, is it any good?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

It's not a store I'd venture into any more, I've never found anything that interested me, over the years. Don't think I've ever been into the one on Grafton street, so won't miss it. Hope something decent replaces it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I like Wallis for classic pieces that can be dressed up and down. I also buy lots of jewellery there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I wouldn't be a fan of Wallis tbh, but my manager has the most amazing bag and she bought it there so now, every so often, I have a quick peep at their website!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

i looooooooooove wallis.

their clothes are good quality and fit well, and they last well.

they ahev great sales too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Always thought of wallis as a shop for women of a certain age desperately tying to to be trendy-ish but regardless of the clothes, have found their jewellery (esp in sales) to be v.good for the price

• Advertisement
Advertisement