Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Irish MMA fights of 09'

Options
  • 17-12-2009 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Just wondering what everyone thought were some of the best match ups or most exciting fights this year on the local scene and what cards were they on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 thebandit01

one that sticks in my head was normin parks EFR vs Ali McLean chum sut that was the main event on the last strabane fight night what a fight that was. Plus Ronan mckay and cathal penrude was a war on the same card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Best fight I saw this year was Ben Davis versus Peter Wilson in March. End to end stuff, to use the football term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 brookie

damo rooney v ben davis was a belter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Tim Murphy V Gary Morris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

Can we get some fooatge up of said matches please?

• Advertisement

brookie wrote: »
    damo rooney v ben davis was a belter

I didn't get to see that one unfortunately. Heard it was deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

one that sticks in my head was normin parks EFR vs Ali McLean chum sut that was the main event on the last strabane fight night what a fight that was. Plus Ronan mckay and cathal penrude was a war on the same card
    Norman vs Ali was more of a beating really IMO, but I agree McKay vs Pendrad was awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

Probably one from Rumble In Rush 2.

Aisling Daly V Maiju Kujala.

Shona Maguire V Claire Craig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭markfightie

more recently i thought that

merv mullholland vs cathal prendrad

was a fantastic fight

DubMedic wrote: »
    Probably one from Rumble In Rush 2.

Aisling Daly V Maiju Kujala.

Shona Maguire V Claire Craig.
    Didn't see Shona vs. Claire but I thought the Daly/Kujala fight was pretty dull. Ais dominated and other than some unexpected work off her back we didn't see much from the Finn.

Now that I think of it, it's a bit crass to put one of your own fighters down I know but Shona Maguire versus Amanda English from RiR 1 was great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 thebandit01

Keth quicksiver bradly vs tim mccory and paddy doc vs Paul cowzer EFR 15. Don't know how many saw them but they ware good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Vids/Pics or it never happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IFS.NI

Heres a link with James Gallaher from Queens Revolution BJJ v Andy Young from Tia Jutsu.

This was a good battle

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCOwOBbR0yY

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j73wk1Vkj-k&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IFS.NI

Heres a fast paced fight between Stuart Cowden from Frames Tia Jutsu and Gary McAlvey from Elite Martial Arts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcHGMOJ8QlY&feature=related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 koking

have to agree with the bandit keith and tim was a war and paddy v paul was a cracker too

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Dunno if this counts but Peter Wilson from EFR was in a cracking fight last week against Paul Reed in Knuckle up. But it wasnt in Ireland. But Peter is so i guess it kinda counts.
    Ish:D

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

Catherine Costigan vs. Shona Macguire at TW5 was really good, good to see womens MMA making some noise.

Advertisement