Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning PS3 to HMV?

Options
  • 17-12-2009 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hey guys, long shot here... but today my 40GB PlayStation 3 died (it got flashing red lights and won't switch on). Now my Dad bought it for me about 2 years ago in HMV Blanchards Town, just before Christmas 07.

is there any chance HMV will offer a replacement this late, as I would rather have it back ASAP and sending it to Sony takes up to a month. What are my options.

Thanks in advance!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You won't know until you take it in, but they're unlikely to offer a replacement. It's much more likely that it will be sent off for repair.

But as I said, you won't know until you take it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭MadMickeyMonk

Heres a vid to show you how to fix this at home. Your wasting your time trying to get a replacement. I`ve done this with my own but used an oven at 240c instead of the hair drier. The 360 is a way easier fix than this. The hardest part is remembering which order everything gos back :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/user/hwoarong13#p/u/1/QHk2dFEXmCk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Heres a vid to show you how to fix this at home. Your wasting your time trying to get a replacement. I`ve done this with my own but used an oven at 240c instead of the hair drier. The 360 is a way easier fix than this. The hardest part is remembering which order everything gos back :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/user/hwoarong13#p/u/1/QHk2dFEXmCk
    If it's still within warranty then you'd be a complete retard to do this.

Ya and if you read the OP you would be smart!:D All consoles have a 1 year warrenty

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Mataguri

Isnt reasonable durability a statutory right that supercedes warranties? If so you could threaten to take them to the small claims court.
    Ya and if you read the OP you would be smart!:D All consoles have a 1 year warrenty

Not true, I dont own a PS3 so I cant comment on that warranty but the Xbox 360 has a 3 year warranty for their RROD problem.

• Advertisement

Mataguri wrote: »
    Isnt reasonable durability a statutory right that supercedes warranties? If so you could threaten to take them to the small claims court.

Not true, I dont own a PS3 so I cant comment on that warranty but the Xbox 360 has a 3 year warranty for their RROD problem.

True but they only introduced the 3 year warrenty after massive complaints from consumers as it was nearly like clockwork that between 14 and 18 months after purchase it would pack in on affected batches.
    Sony on the other hand are a diffrent proposition. You will waste nearly as much money on paper,envelopes and phone calls to sony and their support centre than if you went and got a new one. You can pay sony money and they will take your old one and they give you a recond one (:D someone elses fixed yellow ring).
    The fix in the video works as I have done it myself. The same process was also used in the watchdog piece on the ps3`s on bbc1

Advertisement