Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got an old AGP graphics card lying about?

Options
  • 17-12-2009 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

... And wants some beer money? :)

I have a machine here and the AGP card is after going kaput (coling fan seized eventually overheating the card, now causing the machine to crash)

Anyhow, it's not a gaming machine and I just use it for messing about with apps etc. so just need something basic.

The card that was in it was a NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Pro, 32MB... so anything of equal or greater power will do perfectly.

Can collect anywhere in city (or close enough to city)

-EDIT- BTW, the motherboard has an AGP 4x slot, so can only take a 1.5v AGP 4x card

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Private Joker

I may have one for you, I put one into the inlaws machine last year, they got a new one so i'll just whip it out. if they still have it, its yours free of charge, I'm heading down there this weekend so i'll pm you after the weekend.

PS. I think its a 64 meg card, so you defo wont be playing mw2 on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I may have one for you, I put one into the inlaws machine last year, they got a new one so i'll just whip it out. if they still have it, its yours free of charge, I'm heading down there this weekend so i'll pm you after the weekend.

PS. I think its a 64 meg card, so you defo wont be playing mw2 on it.

Fairplay to ya, will happily give a few quid for some beers :)

64MB will be fine, as I said it's not a gaming machine, just used for general sh1teing about :)

On closer inspection, it's actually an AGP 8x slot, but will also accept 4x, provided only 1.5v cards are used

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I'll be home later and I'll have a bit of a dig to see what I can find. Payment is 4 cans of Purple Tin.

Robbo wrote: »
    I'll be home later and I'll have a bit of a dig to see what I can find. Payment is 4 cans of Purple Tin.

Vielen Danke Robbo.

As for payment... no problem, I never charged you for the last 4, so we're even :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Turns out I don't have one knocking about. I have everything else but no AGP cards.

No bother, thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

If you're not in a rush, have a look at www.adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I have one you can have, somewhere, but I don't think it's as much as 64MB. It came from a PC with an AMD 400MHz CPU with 64MB RAM on the mobo. Cant remember the make atm. PM me if nothing else turns up.

[edit] the one i have does not have a fan

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's another case of I think I have one, a gaming one even. It's been a while now though, If all the others fall through I'll have a look for it.

• Advertisement

Scum - would be greatful if you could take a look, yeah :)

Advertisement