Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People who cant scan their student card into the Library

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I have been in this college several years and never had problems getting into the library until this year where it now at times takes me a couple of swipes to be let through. It's the machine imo.

Its the new cards...the machines are the same machines as in previous years. The machines were grand before, its the crappy, last-forever student cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Patience goes a long way folks!:D If you think the UCD scanners are bad, trinity is a fucking joke. You have to swipe the card, never works properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

betafrog wrote: »
    Nope, the machines have always been ****ty.

But the machines were not causing as much problems as has been caused since last Sept when the new cards came in. The library staff agree it is the new cards, they were made to save money and some of the bar codes are quite faded. It is much worse than before, the machines haven't changed, the cards have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Maybe you've got some new problem this year that makes capable and intelligent people unable to swipe them, but all I saw in the 3 years I spent in UCD was the gob****es the OP described pushing the thing sideways, upside down, or trying to rub it in with their forehead... Sadly manners prevented me from expressing my "Argh, for the love of Christ just do it properly!" feelings... But I guess that's what the internet is for.

Actually, the above exaggerations were unnecessary.. It was generally just people rubbing it really roughly against the glass, at an angle, to make sure it can't possibly scan it, and the glass will be scratched for the next person. I have definitely been stuck behind people leaving the library, though admittedly less than going in... Maybe the fact that there are more exit barriers means they get less used, so less worn. And maybe a completely new and shiny barrier is able to handle the idiotic fumblings well enough to let them by... *shrug*

Advertisement