Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

COD Modern Warfare 2 **Health Warning**

• 17-12-2009 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭

:mad:

So I purchased myself an Xbox this week for Xmas, Modern Warfare came with the package - fantastic I thought after reading everything about it and seeing the ad on tv. I also purchased Tiger Woods '10.

First night I spent playing Tiger Woods - all good.

The second night though the game stalled, the same thing actually happend today too when the children were playing - is this a faulty disc or console?

To the main issue, I stuck on modern warfare last night and bashed away at it, had to learn how to shoot and do a test (shooting baddies popping up) anyway after about 10 minutes, I felt so sick like I have never done in my life - my head was extremely dizzy and to be honest I felt so disillusioned. Off the bathroom I went and after about 3 hours I kinda felt normal again - no doubt it was all the rigmarole of the game..

just wondered if anyone has had a similar experience?

And what stance should I take on the golf game? Return it?

Thanks for reading, appreciate any input.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

A lot of people can experience motion sickness from playing first person shooters, it's quite common.

I think I'm missing the point about the golf game, keep it if you like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

In_tuition wrote: »
    :mad:

So I purchased myself an Xbox this week for Xmas, Modern Warfare came with the package - fantastic I thought after reading everything about it and seeing the ad on tv. I also purchased Tiger Woods '10.

First night I spent playing Tiger Woods - all good.

The second night though the game stalled, the same thing actually happend today too when the children were playing - is this a faulty disc or console?

If it stalls again then you may have a problem but an X Box 360 game stalling every so often is nothing to be concerned about! Assassins Creed 2 stalled on me 30 minutes into my first use of it, no problems since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

Thanks lads.

Think modern warfare will be heading to the bin.

Appreciate the comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Thanks lads.

Appreciate the comments.

Wouldn't bin the game. You should give it to someone who will use it. It is common as above posters have said. As for the tigger woods game, give it another go and if it stalls just go back to were you bought it. They generally will change it around for you provided you have a reciept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

You could also try installing Tiger Woods to your hard-drive, that's solved a few problems for me if the game had a few light surface scratches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

have you played FPS games before OP?

I've heard of some games giving players motion sickness, some games more than others. Never happens me and I've not heard anything else about the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

You could try downloading a few more FPS demos e.g. Bioshock, to see if you are still getting motion sickness, you may get used to it after a while.

Pity if not, you'll be missing out on a lot of very good games (Fallout 3, Orange Box, etc.) that can be bought very cheaply at this stage.

have you played FPS games before OP?

I've heard of some games giving players motion sickness, some games more than others. Never happens me and I've not heard anything else about the game.

Played quite a few in my late teens, that's over 10 years ago and I've not had an issue playing those types of games in the past.

Think I will just stick to the sports games.

Thanks for the tip about installing to the hard drive.

I am going to take Modern Warfare back tomorrow as I had a choice of 4 games when I bought it so I am going to try and switch it for Fifa10.

If that fails I'll have a draw for anyone interested in it.

Thanks for the responses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

I got motion sickness from playing Half life a few years ago horrible stuff. That was on the pc, I was sitting pretty close to the 21" monitor so probably didn't help. I've never experienced it on the xbox though and the only games I really play are FPS particular the COD series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭shanec1928

you should try it again as it might have been a once off.

• Advertisement

you should try it again as it might have been a once off.

I seriously couldnt even bring myself to think about the game. It was really that bad.

I returned it last night and they had no issue exchanging it for Fifa10.

Once again really appreciate the comments.

All the best..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I am going to take Modern Warfare back tomorrow as I had a choice of 4 games when I bought it so I am going to try and switch it for Fifa10.

If that fails I'll have a draw for anyone interested in it.

Just stick it on adverts.ie, if they don't take it back, you should be able to get a decent bit of money back.

Or give it to me!:p

I'd say you should give it a chance first though, and as has been said already try playing in a well lit room and not too close to the TV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Should have tried it again , sometimes feel bit like that after awhile of playing it just take a break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Ahh you shouldn't have gotten rid of it. I remember playing one game on my mega drive a couple of years back and I had the same problem as the OP. I got used to the game though and it never happened again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Bring back Tiger Woods.

Had the exact same problem, make sure you get your way and get to return it! Had an argument with a worker in Xtravision when trying to return it, had to get the store manager downm eventually got a new game! Worked perfectly so guessing there's a fault with some of the games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Think I will just stick to the sports games.

a very closed minded view based on your experience with one game. would you stop playing all sports games if you didnt like one?

a very closed minded view based on your experience with one game. would you stop playing all sports games if you didnt like one?

Sorry but it suits me my man.

All the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Thanks lads.

Appreciate the comments.

Wouldn`t bin it,give it a chance. I was like that when I first started playing on my big TV,especially FPS. YOu just need time to get used to it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

I actually got motion sickness the first time I played MW2, first time I had got it playing an FPS. I only got it the once, probably because I was tired and/or hungry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Is this a wind up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Stalling games is just one of the many 'features' the 360 seems to have. I've gone through 3 consoles and my current one is so loud you can't really hear the game without jacking up the stereo. Fraid to say there'll be a lot more of it. Try the simpsons game, you can enjoy the added functionality of your save game corrupting every few days.

IMHO, as probably one of the biggest xbox fans ever, this yoke is crap.

Advertisement