Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

arabsat

• 17-12-2009 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

mbc channels on arabsat 26e

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

not sure what r u asking about....but I got MBC channels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭twig

mmalaka wrote: »
    not sure what r u asking about....but I got MBC channels

I dream of mbc :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Dennis-SAT

Dennis-SAT wrote: »
    mbc channels on arabsat 26e
    Since last week MBC 1,2,3,4,Action,Percia,Max. 11919 H 27500 free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

ok thats good...

I used to get MBC 1,2,3,4 & Action but not MBC Max....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Apogee

MBC1-4 and Action have been FTA on that TP for nearly 2 years. Max and Persia for over a year.
    http://wwww.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055037041

What size dish you got?

1.1 m with a .2titanium lnb. Have no problems with mbc

I have a 1.2 meter and dont get any signal on the transponder. Anyone know why?

Could you provide some details about your setup - dish type, LNBF, receiver and mount type? Can you receive any channels on 26E, such as Dubai One?

• Advertisement

Apogee wrote: »
    Could you provide some details about your setup - dish type, LNBF, receiver and mount type? Can you receive any channels on 26E, such as Dubai One?

Triax TD110 Satellite Dish
    LNB 0.2
    Technomate 2300 Diseqc H-H Motor
    And im using a technomate 1500CI+ if that helps.
    I think my problem is i have the wrong satellite in as 26e not too sure tho

twig wrote: »
    Triax TD110 Satellite Dish
    LNB 0.2
    Technomate 2300 Diseqc H-H Motor
    And im using a technomate 1500CI+ if that helps.
    I think my problem is i have the wrong satellite in as 26e not too sure tho

Decent setup. However, if the alignment on the motor is out, then you're going to notice it on a weaker sat like 26E. Additionally, the transponders on 26E can be drowned by similar freqs on 28E and 23E, esp the MBC one.

Anyway, point the dish at 28E. Tune the receiver to the following:
    12130, V, 27500, [Dubai One]
    And then slowly nudge the dish west and see how you get on.

Anyway, point the dish at 28E. Tune the receiver to the following:
    12130, V, 27500, [Dubai One]
    And then slowly nudge the dish west and see how you get on.

I have tried a few times now and no luck. Any ideas why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,303 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I have the same dish as you and I get Badr 4 rock solid in Dundalk on AzBox and previously on TM 6900. Try using Usals with your correct longtitude and if that doesn't work experiment with changing it in small steps. For some reason eventhough I am at 6.2 West I have to set my longtitude to between 4.8 and 5.2 to get optimum reception on various satellites. This might indicate my set up is slightly off but I have no trouble getting all the regular satellites even 21.5 East. My strongest tp's on Badr are 12053 and 12182.

What satellites can you get at present and do you know if anyone else around Cork can get Badr 4 ?

He should have no problem with a Triax 1.1M in Cork. Particularly in the current weather with clear skies.

Can you receive both 23E and 28E - is the dish tracking the arc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

I have tried a few times now and no luck. Any ideas why?
    I've a 1.1m dish, tracks the arc perfectly, but reception on the MBC transponder on 26E is marginal for me. I've found that I've had to move the LNB in the collar towards the dish face to maximise the signal. Others have found that changing the skew angle on the LNB has helped. I've also changed the satellite location in the receiver to 25.5 to peak whatever signal is there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Cheers for that. 41% in Sligo on a Triax 1.1M with DM800HD, weather is sh*te right now though.

I aligned my lnb for best reception on 26east. Like you said moving lnb towards the dish or vice versa and also with slight skew. All other sats are so strong it doesn't matter!

He should have no problem with a Triax 1.1M in Cork. Particularly in the current weather with clear skies.

Can you receive both 23E and 28E - is the dish tracking the arc?

Whats the arc? I have 28e and 13e perfectly but i cant seem to pick up 26e...
    Any more ideas or is there something major wrong with it?

Did you try any of the solutions we suggested?

Who installed your dish and motor? If is is not aligned properly to the arc you wont get all the satellites. Google "Satellite arc". What satellites do you get apart from 28 and 13 East?

• Advertisement

Did you try any of the solutions we suggested?

Who installed your dish and motor? If is is not aligned properly to the arc you wont get all the satellites. Google "Satellite arc". What satellites do you get apart from 28 and 13 East?

satellitetv.ie bought and installed of steve there. very pleased with it just really want mbc:D.
    Ya i have tried everything so far that he have said. I asked a friend and he said it could be that the dish elevation may need to be adjusted.
    Currently i have 28e 13e 10e 1w 5w 8w 15w 18w .

Whats the arc? I have 28e and 13e perfectly but i cant seem to pick up 26e...
    Any more ideas or is there something major wrong with it?
    The satellites are located above the equator. As the motor turns it describes an arc which must match where the satellites are positioned. If your motor is installed correctly you should pick up all satellites from about 57 degrees East to about 58 West (depending on your exact location and any obstructions encountered). Certainly if you're getting 28E and 13E, then you should also be seeing 26E, 23E, 19E, 16E also, unless there's a tree in the way;)

fat-tony wrote: »
    . Certainly if you're getting 28E and 13E, then you should also be seeing 26E, 23E, 19E, 16E also, unless there's a tree in the way;)

Nope no trees that way and its on my chimney so is over other house infront of it.

You have mostly the stronger sats tuned in. You should try for 23E at least, then you know that 26E is somewhere between 23 and 28.

Use the following list and work your way incrementally through them. Some of the weaker ones won't be possible on a 110cm.
    http://bytelive.com/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=Beacon+Transponders

The list could do with some updating e.g. nothing on 57 East Ku Band for the time being.

Go for 10803 H 22000 on 23 East, it is the strongest transponder anywhere on the arc with me at present.

It can't be updated because the accounts were removed :(

Nope no trees that way and its on my chimney so is over other house infront of it.
    Not trying to be a scaremonger or wimp or whatever, but a motorised 1.2m dish mounted on a chimney:eek:

There's a hell of a wind load on a big dish like that so you should ensure that your chimney (and anything under it) is not in danger. I'm sure some of the professional installers can give you an opinion on it.

The list could do with some updating e.g. nothing on 57 East Ku Band for the time being.

Go for 10803 H 22000 on 23 East, it is the strongest transponder anywhere on the arc with me at present.

I found 23e no problem but i tried moving to 26e and got nothing. hmmm

Advertisement