Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathbourne Village- satellite dishes

Options
  • 17-12-2009 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi, probably going to move to Ashtown- Rathbourne village- does anyone know if there is a communal satellite dish on the roof or if not- is it possible to instal one on the balcony?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You will need to check with the landlord / agent.

You probably won't be allowed a balcony dish.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

As far as the EC are concerned, you have a fundamental right to receive satellite signals. Ask your landlord or management company how best this right might be accomadated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I lived there a few years ago and they were pretty strict about satellite dishes.

Every so often the management company maintenence people would come round and cut dishes down off walls, balcony railings etc.

The "cable" TV service there was so crap I would be very surprised if the residents hadn't clubbed together for a communal dish on the roof by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

As far as I know residents are now clubbing together to do this. There are a load of discussions on the forums at www.rathborne.net about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

spockety wrote: »
    As far as the EC are concerned, you have a fundamental right to receive satellite signals. Ask your landlord or management company how best this right might be accomadated.

No you have a right to be able to receive the signals as in the government can't block you. However legal documents signed at purchase where you agree not to have a dish mean you are buying in an area where you know you don't have access to a dish. You do not have the right to sign documents that say no dishes but then decide you're going to put one up anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement