Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water excessively chlorinated in Cork City ?

Options
  • 17-12-2009 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering if anyone else is finding that their water is extremely chlorinated in Cork City at the moment.

Our water was interrupted by the floods a few weeks ago and ever since it has been absolutely whiffing of chlorine.

I actually thought that there was bleach in the sink on a few occasions and realised that it was just the water.

Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just my nose?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

When water returned tothe entire city I noticed that our supply (which had stayed on) had a strong whiff to it.

It has abated over the past week though. Probably a precautionary measure to be sure to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

On the plus side, the toilet will be self-bleaching for a while!
    *LOL*

Although, it is kind of burning my mouth.

I think it will be bottled water again until this calms down!

Do those Brita filters strip out Chlorine ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I've noticed that too recently. I thought I was developing an uber-sensitive nose or sth. I put a few drops of cider vinegar in my water to disguise the taste. The Brita filter doesn't quite get rid of it, going by my nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

yep, I also noticed this recently (past 2 weeks).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

if you fill a jug with water and leave it in the fridge overnight, the taste of the chlorine should be gone. I think you're supposed to give it 24 hours but ...

• Advertisement
Advertisement