Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to connect an Architrave Switch?

Options
  • 17-12-2009 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I have a set of under counter lights, 6 in all wired directly to the fuse board, each light can be switched on/off individually however I'd like to put a concealed switch i.e architrave switch in to control all together instead of turning each on/off everytime. I've turn off power at the fuse board and I've cut my wire in the appropriate place, I now have 2 x live, 2 x neutral wires, and earths to connect to "Comm" and "L1" &"L2" onthe switch. What goes where?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

if you are at the first light on the circuit connect all neutrals in a connector block connect all earths in a seperate connector block.connect live from fuseboard to c(common) connect live to lights to L1. you may need a bigger switch than an architrave switch to fit all connections in.
    make sure you isolate the power supply

Advertisement