Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

life insurance

Options
  • 17-12-2009 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi guys currently have life insurance with zurich and it costs me 27 a month on a 317000 over 37 years.

Now I just tried 123.ie and im been offered the policy with my details for 17 euro.

can this be right ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

From my own experiences with 123.ie the quotes always seem to be cheaper.
    I dont have life insurance but my car insurance was working about €200 cheaper.
    My sister moved to 123.ie for her life policy and was saving about 30% to 40%.
    I have yet to claim but have heard mixed reviews on here.

Doesn't look right if you are quoting on a like-for-like basis ie that all the details are the exact same.

Is it possible that one is mortgage protection (decreasing term) and one is level or convertible term?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

blahblah06 wrote: »
    Hi guys currently have life insurance with zurich and it costs me 27 a month on a 317000 over 37 years.

Now I just tried 123.ie and im been offered the policy with my details for 17 euro.

can this be right ?

Depends on whether or not you are getting the same policy. In some cases there can be this much of a differance, but in your above example, it could be a case that you have Term Assurance with Zurich and 123 is offering you Mortgage Protection (which is a cheaper policy) . .

Also, I assume you were not in anyway rated with Zurich (ie premium increased due to medical condition) . .

Just check the names of the cover first and look through the existing Life Assurance Schedule you received from Zurich (or phone them up and ask them to forward a copy out to you) . .

Good luck . .

Advertisement