Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bikers in Traffic

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

bladespin wrote: »
    I doubt it very much, hard to be hit by a stationary car lol, great imagination you have though.

I'm pretty sure I'd be able to hold it up, after all, it's a slow manouver, god help the driver when I stop though, I take a very dim view of someone attempting to assault me with their car.

so, bravado aside, what would you actually do?

btw, I do like the bit where you say "i'm pretty sure "

that did give me a chuckle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

When cyclists start paying road tax and insurance I'll treat them as another vehicle on the road. Until then, move the f00k out of the way and stop cycling in pairs blocking up half the road.

It's called motor tax. Bicycles don't have a motor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

It's pretty hilarious that all these law abiding motorists don't know that filtering is 100% legal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

KamiKazi wrote: »
    It's pretty hilarious that all these law abiding motorists don't know that filtering is 100% legal.
    LOL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Oh cheers thanks. I guess Ill just keep half my car in the bus/cycle lane so. As I stated in the original post I stay within my markings. If that's the attitude its no wonder I've been hit a few times. Maybe I should just pull in when I see a bike in my mirror.....

Who is to blame is pretty irrelevant when you're car is getting hit that often, you should try when possible to leave a bit of room for your own benefit as much as the bikers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

When cyclists start paying road tax and insurance I'll treat them as another vehicle on the road. Until then, move the f00k out of the way and stop cycling in pairs blocking up half the road.
    It's not road tax, it's motor tax which you pay for your motor. If you don't want to pay it, get a bicycle. And you can either "treat them as another vehicle on the road" or not bother getting into your car, because staying on the roads with that attitude will result in somebody getting killed for nothing. And that would be sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭bladespin

so, bravado aside, what would you actually do?

btw, I do like the bit where you say "i'm pretty sure "

that did give me a chuckle.

I'd make an unholy show of them for a start, TBH if someone had actually tried to hit me I would react (no bravado), cutting off or squeezin is one thing actually trying to hurt someone with a car (or bike or anything else) is completely unacceptable to me, I like the idea of removing their keys and depositing them in the local garda station, I'm not sure of what law I'd be breaking but I'd live with the consequences.

'Pretty sure' - nothing in life is guaranteed.

If someone had actually tried to hit me with their car I would stop and ask that person (in the nicest possible way of course) not to do that again.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

Advertisement