Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Front Blades stopped working

• 17-12-2009 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭

I have an opel vectra 05 and today the front wipers stopped working they do not move, and I havent a clue what happened. Can anyone tell me how I can fix it, and if I cant fix it myself how much would it be to bring it to a garage to fix them. On the passangers seats it moved to half then gets stuck there then on the drivers side, it tries to move, but wont.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Well if they are moving then I would guess that its the linkage has loosened , so its not the fuse or motor. Could also be the splines on the motor has stripped or worn. Don't know about this car or how much to fix, but probably would be a garage jobby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Anna23

I will bring it to the garage in Coolmine tomorrow and see what they have to say, I just dont want to end up spending 100's of euro especially now.

Maybe it only needs a bit of lubrication! (dont we all;)).

ha ha ha, very funny, I doubt very much its only that, the baldes feel very loose when i move them, they dont seem to try and resist when i move them, they are very loose!

It might be only worn joints then, but would guess that access is a bit difficult.

• Advertisement

I found it quite easy to get to it, I will find out tomorrow, hope it doesnt rain!:D Thanks for the help

Oh right, so you can get to it from the engine bay then I assume. You might be able to fix it yourself then, maybe.

oh I wont even want to try as I am not sure where to go, I will bring it to the Coolmine garage and get it fixed, hope it wont cost me to much! :D

Went to 3 garages, the first 2 had no clue what was wrong, went to Opel as usual they tried their best to rip me off, asking for around 300 euro, went to a Ana Motors in Artane Dublin 5 and got it fixed for 25 euro, I have found my perfect mechanic! :D

The was nothing worng with the motor. Opel said they will have a look but it will cost me 96 euro just to look, doesnt mean that they will fix it, almost cryed walking about of that place.

Anna23 wrote: »
    Went to 3 garages, the first 2 had no clue what was wrong, went to Opel as usual they tried their best to rip me off, asking for around 300 euro, went to a Ana Motors in Artane Dublin 5 and got it fixed for 25 euro, I have found my perfect mechanic! :D

The was nothing worng with the motor. Opel said they will have a look but it will cost me 96 euro just to look, doesnt mean that they will fix it, almost cryed walking about of that place.

Did they say what the problem was?

• Advertisement

Ah he basically said it just came out of its place and needed to be put back in its place, it took him around 30 mins and he fixed it which was only 25 euro. we shall see how long it lasts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭locohobo

Had similar prob with my 04 Focus...Linkage was gone...Cost of parts..
    used = could not get in Ireland on web..
    new = Was over 100e...:eek:
    Got used from UK on Ebay for 28e inc postage and a 20 spot to install from my local mech...:cool:
    Rip off parts Ireland eh!!!:mad:

Advertisement