Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HPAT help!

Options
  • 17-12-2009 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Anyone tried the new UMAT papers released recently? Apparently they're e-books and can be accessed in up to 3 different computers. Are they any good? Just wanted to ask because I wanted to save a few bob (~20 EUR me thinks). I can buy one then someone can buy the other one then we can share them. :D Oh yeah, check them out here: http://umatweb.acer.edu.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=21&Itemid=3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

bleh! wrote: »
    Anyone tried the new UMAT papers released recently? Apparently they're e-books and can be accessed in up to 3 different computers. Are they any good? Just wanted to ask because I wanted to save a few bob (~20 EUR me thinks). I can buy one then someone can buy the other one then we can share them. :D Oh yeah, check them out here: http://umatweb.acer.edu.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=21&Itemid=3
    I have them from last year and on that note, there's only three new questions in the new edition for fellow repeates:rolleyes:

Yeah what's this 'brand new publication'? I have like, 4, practice UMATS, I want to know if this is one of them or actually new this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭bleh!

Yeah what's this 'brand new publication'? I have like, 4, practice UMATS, I want to know if this is one of them or actually new this year.
    I actually have no idea but according to the website, they're new (released early december 2009 afaik).
    theowen wrote: »
    I have them from last year and on that note, there's only three new questions in the new edition for fellow repeates:rolleyes:
    Yes, they might have just been updated versions of last year's paper. Do you have them for both years? :o

By the way, seeing that yous have them, do yous think they're any good for preparing for the HPAT?:confused: On a side note, are you both applying to medicine this year?;)

Yep, I'm applying this year. I've both practice UMAT and HPAT tests and they are identical to each other. Great for practice considering there's only one HPAT sample paper available.

That being said, there's only so much benefit practice will give you. At best it will let you be familiar with the paper and the style of questions, but I highly doubt you can actually improve your ability to answer them by much.

Advertisement