Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruitment HSE ??

Options
  • 17-12-2009 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hey All just throwing this out there, has anyone heard if the HSE is taking on anyone for the Ambulances or even when they're taking on people??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Longboard

The last recruitment campain was around the start of this year. There has been no vacancies advertised since. If there will be any advertised they should show up on www.publicjobs.ie.

You will need a C1 and D1 licence just to get in the door to do the aptitude tests. It can take a month/s just to get these.

This would probably be more appropriate in "Other Emergency Services Recruitment"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Orca73

Thanks for that will post it up there, Have a good christmas:D

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭youneverknow

hi, i am on the panel for the campaign. if i can be of any help i would be more than happy to give advice;)

Hey,
    Just a couple of questions for ya,
    Do you know if the HSE are going to draw from a previous panel for the recruiting this year, or will they draw up a completly new panel ?
    Are they recruiting, or when this year ?
    Is it true that the Leaving Cert is a requirement for the upcoming recruitment ?
    Do you know if someone is successfull that they could end up being sent to any station in the country ?
    Thanks in advance.

Orca73 wrote: »
    Hey,
    Just a couple of questions for ya,
    Do you know if the HSE are going to draw from a previous panel for the recruiting this year, or will they draw up a completly new panel ?
    Are they recruiting, or when this year ?
    Is it true that the Leaving Cert is a requirement for the upcoming recruitment ?
    Do you know if someone is successfull that they could end up being sent to any station in the country ?
    Thanks in advance.

the recruitment drive i am in started last year in feb we got told in may we were on the panel and i was told a few weeks ago that there was at least one if not two....no more than that taken from the last panel, the one i am on started in may, that was to make up the first class which started on the 5th of oct '09. i have looked at various threads and replies and its all down to what you want to believe really and i dont mean that in a smart way:confused: some people hear what they want others just make up stories:mad:. when i rang manorhamilton i was told and i quote " i would want a crystal ball to be able to tell you what will happen in 2010" . vague or what. i tell you no lies thats what i was told. i am fairly far back on the panel and if they extinguish the panel and recruit again at least i have that experience of interview and tests, i can answer your last question for definite yes you could be sent to any station. if i havent been much help sorry but if you think i have and you need more help dont hesitate to ask;)

• Advertisement

Well fair play to ya and I hope you get it and it works out for ya, I hear what you're saying about reading the posts and stuff,
    "Fools talk because they feel they should say something, Wise people speak because they have somehting to say":rolleyes:
    Hopefully all will be sorted soon enough and things will work out for the best for anyone who's in for it I'm waiting to see if they are even taking on people as I already have the paramedic course done but have no work to go to so far, but have my C.V in with private ambulances, all the best and who knows maybe someday see on the road !!!!!!!!!!;)

thanks very much for the well wishes, hope you get called for a job soon, must be a pain when you have the training done and your qualified. you must od did it privately? do you mind if i pm you?

Ya go for it look forward to hearing from ya .

Advertisement