Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband speed?

• 17-12-2009 7:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭

Hey hows it going, apologies in advance because I come here seeking help or advice, wouldn't be of much know when it comes to stuff like this so please bare with me.

I've been with Gaelic Telecom broadband now for roughly the past 8 months or so, previously I was with eircom. But with both, my internet connection has always been incredibly slow, especially when others in the house are using it too. For example, if I were to watch a 4 minute video on youtube it could easily take 10 minutes to upload fully, which to me seems a bit long? Compared to some friends who wouldn't have to wait at all and play it straight through, then I would also use it for playing online on PS3, but unfortunately the general slowness of it means I rarely play online - I mean it gets to the stage where its so slow or stop start/glitchy that it becomes not worth playing.

So I'm just wondering what is the cause of this? And how can I fix it? Get a faster/better version of broadband? Change servers?(would rather stick with GT if possible) Or would it be down to where I live? Not completely in the bog but not in a town or city either, but then again I have a friend who lives absolute boghole of nowhere in Galway (cant even get phone reception!) and his broadband works extremely quick.

Cheers for any possible help or advice in advance guys, and if any questions please try keep the language simple:o

Advertisement