Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dressing up as santa for christmas. Good or bad idea?

Options
  • 17-12-2009 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if this would be a ok to do?
    My daughter is 4. Missus is saying if she finds out its me she will be disappointed.
    I got a half decent santa suit and was planning on wearing it to work on my last day and christmas eve just to come in and say hi.

Any thoughts?

Ok to dress up as santa for christmas? 13 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    30% 4 votes
    Dont know
    69% 9 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I have friends who dress up as Santy for one another's children, I also know a guy who walks down the backs of people's gardens (rural area) at pre arranged times for the kids in the house to "spot". They go mad for it.

In answer to your question your daughter probably won't recognise you and even if she does you can just play it as a skit and congratulate her for being so clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Don't see a problem with it. I have spent a few years in Sweden and Santa doesn't come during the night but in the daytime Christmas Eve. When the child is young like yours its usually one of the parents and a slightly older child you'd usually get a neighbour to do it. Kids are more in awe than anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭PullOutMethod

Dont do it if you want your kid to believe in Santa.
    Swedish kids cotton on at about 3 that it's someone they know.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,363 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

if we ever come across any santas that are a bit "dodgy" we just say that they are helper Sanatas, seems to work

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I wouldn't do it but I can understand why others would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I got my dad to dress up as Santa last year and the kids just said "howya granda'!! They thought it was hilarious. If they cop it you shouldn't keep trying to convince them. Just make a joke about it.

Advertisement