Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Modules

• 17-12-2009 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Well everyone I'm new to this boards malarchy and would like to formally introduce myself. :D I'm a 1st year Law & Accy and heard this forum is really useful for general info so I thought I'd get the ball rolling and ask a few questions.

I am doing some research at the moment into the modules I''ll be doing next year and beyond and would like to find out about some modules if I can:

- AC4004 - Accounting & Auditing Frameworks (Year 2)- Who does this???
    - MA4101 - Business Statistics - Also who lectures this? (Year 2)
    - FI4005 - Advanced Corporate Finance - Also can't find who does this (Year 3)
    - LA4035 - Labour Law - Same who lectures? (Year 3)
    - LA4828 - Equity 2 - Is the lecturer Una Woods on sharepoint or sulis?
    - Administrative Law and Jurisprudence - Also who does these modules??

But anyway I have one more question and I promise I'll stop. Could someone please explain how on Sharepoint exam papers for Accounting & Finance, the papers for Autumn and Spring 2008 have this weird mail box icon in beside Autumn or whatever, which you can't actually get at the papers.It's really annoying as I can't access any of the 2008 papers so I am wondering if anybody has a fix.

I'm actually breathless right now from all this typing so I'll just go collapse and die. Please somebody impart their knowledge on me or I shall die in vain. Thanks :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Hey,

I can't help you out with everything there but I can with a few things:
    AY08/09 this was taught by Krzysztof Podgorski. You'll be able to find a lot of the resources for the module via his site.

James Ryan taught the module this semester (AY09/10)

With regards accessing the previous exams on sharepoint, the files haven't been modified since last year when UL used Outlook with everything hosted on campus as compared to the current cloud setup. As a result you'll need to open those files with Outlook to read them properly (the on campus pcs should all have outlook)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭cson

neo2010 wrote: »
    Well everyone I'm new to this boards malarchy and would like to formally introduce myself. :D I'm a 1st year Law & Accy and heard this forum is really useful for general info so I thought I'd get the ball rolling and ask a few questions.

I am doing some research at the moment into the modules I''ll be doing next year and beyond and would like to find out about some modules if I can:

- AC4004 - Accounting & Auditing Frameworks (Year 2)- Who does this???
    - LA4035 - Labour Law - Same who lectures? (Year 3)
    - LA4828 - Equity 2 - Is the lecturer Una Woods on sharepoint or sulis?
    - Administrative Law and Jurisprudence - Also who does these modules??

But anyway I have one more question and I promise I'll stop. Could someone please explain how on Sharepoint exam papers for Accounting & Finance, the papers for Autumn and Spring 2008 have this weird mail box icon in beside Autumn or whatever, which you can't actually get at the papers.It's really annoying as I can't access any of the 2008 papers so I am wondering if anybody has a fix.

I'm actually breathless right now from all this typing so I'll just go collapse and die. Please somebody impart their knowledge on me or I shall die in vain. Thanks :pac:

Another Laccy! Takeover from from Comp-Sys complete :pac:

AC4004 - Accounting & Auditing Frameworks (Year 2)- John Heneghan. Go to your tutorials, no need for lectures unless you feel like being entertained. You must do a case study audit of a company that'll be given to you and I'd advise that you do it pretty well.

- MA4101 - Business Statistics - Also who lectures this? (Year 2) As mentioned above Kystofbdbdhwd Podgorhsnsqski or something to that effect. Sound enough guy, but tough module if you aren't too maths orientated. I'd skip the lectures as they're hard to follow but definitely put a lot of work into the tutorials as all the exam questions come from them.

- FI4005 - Advanced Corporate Finance - Also can't find who does this (Year 3) Again as mentioned, it's James Ryan who took this for this Autumn. It tends to have a high staff turnover from what I hear so he might not be there when your time comes. Again majo emphasis on tutorials but his lectures are well worth attending.

- LA4035 - Labour Law - Same who lectures? (Year 3) Kathryn O'Sullivan does this, she was tutoring last year so she's a new lecturer. Again they tend to rotate the juniors so she mightn't be doing it in 2 yrs time.

LA4828 - Equity 2 - Is the lecturer Una Woods on sharepoint or sulis?
    Fairly sure it's Eddie Keane who takes this. Serious lecturer, attend tutorials and lectures religiously and it will pay off. Have this next year so I'll let you know then.

- Administrative Law and Jurisprudence - Also who does these modules? That's an elective on our course but I do know it is highly reccommended if you intend to take the Law path.

Out of interest, if you're trying to do advanced work/preparation - seriously don't bother. Enjoy your time at College, theres no need for extensive studying for Law & Accounting; put in consistent work and a 1.1 is relatively easily attainable.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭neo2010

Thanks Cson and Polar Ice!! You both are a credit to this fine establishment :pac:

Advertisement