Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When you don't cook!

Options
  • 17-12-2009 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭

Mods, Shabadu, I hope this is ok, I know it's not cooking, but it's foodish. Please move if you want.

So, on those rare occasions that you don't want to cook, whats your favorite take away? That's the poll, and out of interest, which do you reckon is the healthiest? (Not the poll, I guess you can just comment on this)

My favourite is the Donar Kebab, minced and spiced lamb shoulder with strange sauces, red and dutch cabbage in pita bread. I also convince myself that its the healthiest.

Your take out favourite. 44 votes

Chipper
    0% 0 votes
    Pizza
    13% 6 votes
    Chinese
    11% 5 votes
    Indian
    34% 15 votes
    Thai
    31% 14 votes
    Kebab
    9% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

For me it's curry, absolutely and totally. I love spice, and chili heat. I also love the breads they do in the ovens at my local curry house - and it only opened a few months ago so I went without curry for about 18 months before that. (Tragic.)

There are healthier options on every takeaway menu, but portion control is probably your best bet - you've no idea what they put into even the 'healthy' options on most menus!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Yeah. Fook ye! Curry without the rice is probably the healthiest. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

My favourite takeaway at the moment is Phad Thai chicken. Yummy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Pizza or a Chinese. Nyommmmm.
    I don't really care much for Indian, as they just give you so much and I can never finish it.

A pizza is perfect 'oh feck the calories' takeaway, but if I get a Chinese, I do go for the ones with extra veg in.
    Something like egg fried rice, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms and lemon chicken would do nicely. :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

I love an Indian takeaway :D

Chicken chilli masala with extra chilli, and garlic naan! Nyom!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

It all kind of depends on what mood I'm in. Usually Indian or chipper. Maybe Pizza. Rarely Chinese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭zoey

I voted chipper on the poll but chinese or pizza come in close.
    I love the "chicken boxes" my local chipper does though, it's a tray of chips with fried chicken, peppers, onions, chilli sauce, taco sauce and some white sauce not sure what it is but it's so good!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

never Chinese or chipper - ugh horrible greasy muck

Indian and pizza would be choice . i told thai but there are no thai takeaways around me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Indian all the way for me. Chicken or prawn chilli masala with pilau and garlic & coriander naan!! Yum Yum :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Malaysian, without a doubt. Mee Goreng with garlic roti. If I'm trying to be good (which, if I'm getting takeaway I'm usually not!) I get vegetarian mee goreng and skip the roti.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Has to be a nice big DIRTY Dominos/Four Star pizza the meaty one. I don't really think in healthy terms. I'll just walk or do a round of kickboxing to stay healthy!

*Do love my BBQ ribs with sauce though from the chinese but ONLY from a certain chinese. No where else does this sauce and it drives me mad. It's soooooooooooooo good.

Advertisement