Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best ISP if you just want internet?

• 17-12-2009 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just wondering if you just want decent broadband...without the bundles of phones/digi tv blah blah...

whats the best way to go? i was looking into UPC/Magnet but they all come bundled.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Well it all depends on where you live? Are you living in our fibre area (new estate) or are you in an older development?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

You can get upc broadband as a standalone product it cost 6 euro extra.
    AlcoholicA wrote: »
    Hey,

Just wondering if you just want decent broadband...without the bundles of phones/digi tv blah blah...

whats the best way to go? i was looking into UPC/Magnet but they all come bundled.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

thanks, im in new estates south dublin area/city centre areas.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Can you PM me the name of the address and I can tell you what we have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

DingDong wrote: »
    You can get upc broadband as a standalone product it cost 6 euro extra.

Funny that adding a phone is only EUR 5 extra which seems cheaper than broadband alone :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭the_law

I asked about this... but it seems that 'broadband is an extra €6 without TV'... although it is misleadingly called a 'standalone charge'.

Basically, UPC 20Mbit = 48 euro
    20Mbit plus phone = 53 euro
    20Mbit plus basic TV = 69.50 euro.

the_law wrote: »
    I asked about this... but it seems that 'broadband is an extra €6 without TV'... although it is misleadingly called a 'standalone charge'.

Basically, UPC 20Mbit = 48 euro
    20Mbit plus phone = 53 euro
    20Mbit plus basic TV = 69.50 euro.

Nope. I signed up a few days ago. UPC 20Mbit (42) + Phone (5) = 47 Euro for both. I think I could get away with just BB for 42Euro but I explicitly asked to add a phone when they were finalising the order. No TV.

none wrote: »
    Nope. I signed up a few days ago. UPC 20Mbit (42) + Phone (5) = 47 Euro for both. I think I could get away with just BB for 42Euro but I explicitly asked to add a phone when they were finalising the order. No TV.

OK, I have to tell that the rule is that you have to pay the standalone charge if you don't buy their TV. But I don't pay it because when I was signing up, it was not highlighted/included in my contract. They tried charging me but I complained and after some discussion they waived that fee for me. But again, this is rather an exception due to negligence at the sales point.

Advertisement