Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Curling Wand v. Curling Tong

• 17-12-2009 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Can anyone explain the difference and which i should buy for my girlfriend. She has hinted about one lately but I'm not sure which is the best. As i understand it the tongs have a clamp of some sort on it but with the wand you simply wrap the hair around it and hey presto!!

My girlfriend has a bob-like haircut so i'm not sure how well either of these will work for her but she has had her hair styled like this a few times lately so it does work... somehow.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

Both work so you really need to ask her again which she prefers. Wands are just more recent and "in" recently. I heard they are better - I want one myself - but if she prefers tongs she wants tongs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I have shoulder length straight hair that's impossible to curl and I use:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Babyliss-Pro-Rebel-Pink-Porcelain-Conical-Curling-Wand_W0QQitemZ110470613986QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_H_B_CurlingTongs_CA?hash=item19b88fcbe2#ht_1201wt_1165

It is hard to use as you have to wear a glove to prevent burning yourself. If I curl my hair I get about 3 days out of it mostly because of the heat involved.

I have used various tongs but In only got waves as opposed to curls. GHD curls are another option for short hair and layers as you don't have to wrap hair around something.

What ever you got for make sure its ceramic and small barrel (>20mm)and goes up to 200 degrees. Word of warning most places will only offer change of mind on curling tongs as long as they are not opened, so note the retailers returns policy before making a purchase.

Advertisement