Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hereford

• 17-12-2009 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hi guys iam seriously thinking of buying a hereford bull to run with my suckler herd mainly simx and aax cows,currently have charlois bull and sell weanings but i want to bring caves through to beef and join hereford prime scheme for bonus payments.what are the pros and cons of such a system hereford seem to be easy calved and easy fed on marginal land?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

Personally I would go for an easy calving, high muscle, average or slightly below average skeleton, high docility limousin bull.

we killed a couple of heifers out of our fr and mox cows, they were only about 17 months old and would have been ideal feeding cattle, however I reckon they made about €80 more than in the marts.

no doubt more members on here will tell you different, any how good luck with whatever you decide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭massey woman

There was alovely Angus Bull at the sales in Carrick on Shannon last week that was unsold

He was the Reserve Champion

Great tall young bull with a great top

Ideal bull for new grading regime

Im Sure he is from the Leitrim area magowan auctioneers would have details in Mohill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

what sort of breeding was he? lot no??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭massey woman

I will try and find out for you tomorrow and will post you the details
    A smashing looking animal though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

There was alovely Angus Bull at the sales in Carrick on Shannon last week that was unsold

He was the Reserve Champion

Great tall young bull with a great top

Ideal bull for new grading regime

Im Sure he is from the Leitrim area magowan auctioneers would have details in Mohill

the OP said they were interested in Hereford ...... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement