Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork pet shops / Guinea pig?

Options
  • 17-12-2009 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking for a young female guinea pig and wondering if anyone knows any Good pet shops in cork, near the city, where they might have guinea pigs, or if anyone has any guinea pigs in Cork, thanks :)

(BTW I had two guinea pigs, and one died of old age a few months ago, the other is six and I bought one new guinea pig to keep her company, but really want two young ones in case my older one dies.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Now you can't post that without posting some guinea pig piccies!

So sorry to hear about your guinea, recently lost our girl they're so gentle and sweet always sad when one goes.

Here's a forum that might help with some responsible breeders http://www.irishguineapigs.proboards.com/index.cgi I'd avoid pet shops unless you can find one that sources guineas from responsible breeders and sexes them correctly etc.

Perhaps contact the cork spca to see if they have any piggies at the mo.

You old girl should be delighted with the company, just watch out for signs of stress some older pigs get stuck in their ways and might get tired with their antics but all should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

Perhaps contact the cork spca to see if they have any piggies at the mo.

i'd be carefull going to them, I ended up with a pregnant German Shepherd from them - i knew i was getting a German Shep - wasn't told she was pregnant

I know Maxizoo out in midleton stock smaller pets, birds, fish, rabbits and i think they have Guinea Pigs - know the girls down there and they do look after the animals well

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

have to agree with Paul midleton maxizoo is the only place i go to these days,,animals are well looked after and the staff are very friendly and informative..They didnt have any guinea pigs the last time i was in there but that was 2 weeks ago ,they're due another visit from me soon:D,,give them a ring and they will tell you...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Didn't know Maxi Zoo sold animals, the one in Limerick doesn't have any so thought that was the norm. But good to hear they are well looked after, the shop I've been to that doesn't sell critters was very clean and pet friendly.

If buying from any shop though be sure to ask lots of questions about where the critters came from origionally etc.

Best of luck finding some new buddies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 hunterpetz

hi

i really would not buy from pet stores the amount of problems that could stem from buying at a pet store

i have been involved with tonnes of rescues esp from pet stores or people who have bought from stores without prober advice being giving on pig care.

• Advertisement
Advertisement