Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The guilty, non R-word thread

• 17-12-2009 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭

I admit, I feel bad starting this.

But this is the only forum where it feels safe!

I haven't been overly affected by this recession they're all talking about.

Prices everywhere have gone down - what's not to love?!

And, having graduated in June 2008, I fell straight into an unreal job without really trying.

I'm still a gobshte with money and am probably far worse off than most people on the dole! But I will admit I'm very lucky.

Any others like me out there perhaps ...?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

And, having graduated in June 2008, I fell straight into an unreal job without really trying.

I'm still a gobshte with money and am probably far worse off than most people on the dole! But I will admit I'm very lucky.

The non-R word thread! Good man yourself!

also if you want ppl to discuss how great your life is, next time try make it sound like you earned it or give a **** about the rest of the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

The non-R word thread! Good man yourself!

also if you want ppl to discuss how great your life is, next time try make it sound like you earned it or give a **** about the rest of the country.
    Did you miss out on...

Fair play for graduating, and finding a good job. You are indeed lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

I know how you feel, Chatterpillar!
    I have a stable, well paid job and the recession isn't affecting me financially in any major way...
    We are lucky, and it's okay to feel that way! It's not fair that you have to participate in the doom and gloom of the recession when it has little effect on your personal life.
    Obviously it wouldn't go down well if you were to tell everyone how great the Big "R" is, but I think this is the one place it's okay to be happy about it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I have only felt the benefits of the recession, though I tend to keep it a secret!

Lots of money from a recession-proof place I work in, whilst studying in college. Cheap everything to spend the cash on!
    Yipee!

Advertisement