Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ntl/UPC 10 mb problems

• 17-12-2009 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hey i live in south dublin and have 10mb broadband with upc/ntl. Ive been experiencing connection issues in the evening whilst gaming on xbox live. Anyone else having problems getting online, Decreased speeds and maintaining connections mid-game??

Any insight would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Jk_Eire

Hey i live in south dublin and have 10mb broadband with upc/ntl. Ive been experiencing connection issues in the evening whilst gaming on xbox live. Anyone else having problems getting online, Decreased speeds and maintaining connections mid-game??

Any insight would be appreciated

I'm in D6 and we've been having issues during the evening with our 10mb UPC line.

From about 6pm to 12am it's unusable. Sometimes I get full bars on my wireless connection, laptop to router, but I can't use the internet, other times my router dies and comes back with a weaker signal strength and I still can't use the internet. In between all of this I get moments of perfect connectivity.

Been happening for about 10 days now.

Planning to call them today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Makaveli 27

Yeah that sounds exactly the same as mine. Im in d24 and having the same problems. Let me know how you get on calling them??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Jk_Eire

Yeah that sounds exactly the same as mine. Im in d24 and having the same problems. Let me know how you get on calling them??

Will do.

FYI: Their freephone number is 1908. Monday – Saturday, 9am to 10pm and Sunday, 10am to 10pm.

http://service.upc.ie/service/?aid=84

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

test speeds regularly.

Report issues ( even with the horrid automated answer service - persist until you speak to tech support )

As hard as it is, don't go off on one.... it will do you no good.

When the tech comes to the house, tell him the story again.

I've been doing it for weeks now. 20mb is rarely seeing the plus side of 10mb.

And most importantly, request credit for the interrupted service. You will get it.

Advertisement