Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband in Ballinasloe

• 17-12-2009 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Looking for good Broadband in the Ballinasloe area, Could anyone recommend who's the best to go with. Would appreciate to know if anyone has good gaming experience with their broadband provider. There's few younger members of the family who like gaming.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Caltra is quite a distance from Ballinasloe , do explain more precisely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 pauljordan

Vodafone are ok, I play lots of COD4 and World at War. It performs ok and get ping to many servers of<80ms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Good luck with that. My sister lives outside Caltra, and she's stuck with O2, barely 1 bar of 3G if lucky.

The Vodafone and O2 3G masts are north of Castleblakney, so depending on where you are, you may or may not get a good signal.

3G is not really suited to gaming or sharing. It can work sometimes, but generally it's going to be bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 pauljordan

Vodafone has taken over the BT Ireland broadband service, so its through phone line not 3G....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

pauljordan wrote: »
    Vodafone has taken over the BT Ireland broadband service, so its through phone line not 3G....

Well then its just Eircom, Vodafone/BT just resell Eircom bitstreem (its not an unlooped exchange)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 caltra

Thanks guys, Caltra is my username, I don't live there but can understand the confusion.. am in ballinasloe, glad for info. Haven't got a phone line so wondering pauljordan are you using vodafone mobile broadband

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

He said he uses the phone line, not 3G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Vodafone are going through a bit of a rough time when it comes to their service quality. I'd sooner stick with eircom/digiweb/utv.

Advertisement