Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You have 24 hours, how do you prepare?

• 17-12-2009 11:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭

Breaking news coming in, major civil unrest, looting, rioting, all the good stuff. The press put it down to civilian unhappiness with the goverment, you know better. When the army are brought in to secure areas esp hospitals, you know Zed day has arrived.

You have 24 hours, realistically, what would you do?

I have thought long and hard about this, here is what I would do. My work has a long wheeled base high roof transit van, we also have an account with a local cash and carry. I have a card.(even if I hadn't it would be off the Lidi or Dunnes etc) i would fill the van many times with tinned/dried food and water and bring it home, it would be stored on the 1st floor.
    I really belive if you can survive the first 6 weeks of a major outbreak, you have a great chance of survival. i would pack more food into my house as I was able.

I would destory the stairs and use a ladder, My attic is already floored and has a staira stair. I would drag a matress up there, this is where I would sleep. I own a petrol gennie, so i would make sure I had plenty of petrol, I may get bored and wanna play my PS3 :P.

In short, with these few simple steps I could survive aslong as I had food, atleast 6 months I'd calculate, water would not be a problem. the only problem may be boredom.

I would also get a good sling shot, the hunting one's and buy a few thousand ball bearings and a good pair of ear protectors, just in case I found a horde at the end of my destoryed stairs one morning.The endless moaning could be a pain.

I'd give it atleast 3 months after a full blown outbreak, then i would try and meet other survivours AKA Boardsie's.

You have 24 hours, realistically, what would you do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Steal a long wheel base van or possibly even a small truck.
    Break into a gun shop or gun club take every bit of ammo a few .22s, shotguns and if there are any 9mm pistols I will have them too:D.
    Break into a woodies for tools to make and fortify some kind of tree fort or something along those lines and anything that can be used as improvised explosives also anything that can be used to make more weapons (Lets face it the more weapons you have around the safer you will be).
    Then break into a food shop get as much canned food and water as possible a bit of meat too because as soon as its gone there wont be any for a good while.
    Then head for the hills and get the F**k out of dodge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'm in a small town, there is the danger of infection from passers through, but the road my HQ is on goes out into a sticks and carries no major traffic.

Get into HQ, begin bricking up one of the main rollers doors as it's just a weakness, do the same for the one part of the 12ft wall that's open.

At the same time enact kidnap list, although I doubt they'll be much resistance.

The kidnap list will source supplies on their way. Commender house next to HQ to turn it into quarantine, nobody get's into the HQ without spending a day under observed quarantine.

Once HQ is secure start work on the centre of town, I noticed on osi.ie and google maps that the houses in the middle of town make a perfect square with greenery inside with a bit of work the houses can be converted into a walled city that could easily support 100 with 160 being the goal for a viable community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭_SONIC_

first step is gather all family members and usefull people to the hq! board up and make sure we have an escape route but its well hidden!

then take out the dads shotguns and go raiding!

first stop petrol station, then shops (at least 4 supermarkets), then go to the local construction site and rob vehicles ( diggers and trucks) then sit tight!!

or

rob big trucks sit people in the back and start ba convoy of going around the country draining petrol pumps and picking up survivors!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Follow a boardsy around ... you guys no what you're doing" ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

24 hours eh, are the airports open??? altho the potential threat if an infected person passing screening would worry me slightly, but shur security precautions can be taken, any sharp objects, liquids or Zombie viruses upon your person type questions ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

Guns.Van.Ammo.Food.Safehouse

Kick some zom ass left4dead style!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Well 24 hours should be plenty to anybody that is aware of such a threat a Z day break out brings, I would start by stocking up on tin food and water. Destroy the stairs and use the left over wood to board up the 1st floor windows.

Make sure I move all my essentials to the attic, family of 5 (including me), food, matresses, blankets, pillows, 2 buckets ( 1 for washing in, the other to use as a toilet and try use as little water as poosible) 2 guns ( owned by my father) 4 petrol cars in the our drive top be syphoned for petrol.

If all goes well Id expect the house to take a good half a day to get ready and I wouldnt expect Z's at the front door for at least another day or maybe several but I dont want to be unprepared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Sit in the middle of the road and cry my eyes out - I don't want to live in a world of zombies! :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

would you mind holdin this IED whilst you sit there lamentin the demise of humanity ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

with a day to prepare i'ld tell all of my family and my wifes family what to expect and give them all a list of essentials to procure, make sure that they boarded up their homes. Then I'ld say the barrel off my shotgun and head to tesco, just ransack the place. Steal a big SUV, steal a generator, go home, board up the place, fill the bath and sinks, destroy the stairs, put a ladder there, and wait it out, hoping that its only going to last a couple of months

• Advertisement

would you mind holdin this IED whilst you sit there lamentin the demise of humanity ;)

Sniff. Sure. Anything to help you crazy, keeping on living, go-getters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

I love how people think breaking into a gun shop would be a good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

stringbox wrote: »

Esp when old crazy gun shop owner is sitting on his rocking chair with a few weapons pointed at the door :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

z_topaz wrote: »
    Sniff. Sure. Anything to help you crazy, keeping on living, go-getters.
    I love people like this.There is going to be fatalities but if they all have this attitude then it makes it all a hell of a lot easier for everyone else.

I live in the back of nowhere,so my plan would be fill our 2,000 litre diesel tank with petrol [go on,try and take it .I dare ya] then get the tractor with it's front loader cross ways on the drive,4 planks will cross from my bedroom windo to the roof of the garage as an escape route.Kill a few of the cows and begin jerking them[drying the meat] in the loft of the garage.If the folks can stay stable enough get a run to the shops in for dry foods and as much perishables as possible[they won't be around again for a long time].

We have a well and a big as tree just above it across the road so water isn't a problem.Over the next few days[I doubt i'll have zeds at the doors on day one] begin making the walk way from house->garage,over the road-> tree above water source->old house beside it-> sheds.It'd take about 100m of tiber/steel pathways but it gets me about 500m clear of the house without hitting the ground.

At some point move my forge indoors and start cranking out the swords.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I love when people think that there is a gun shop down the road.

Its Ireland, and its not GTA. There isn't an Amm-U-Nation on every corner.

Well,We've a single barrel winchester that's about 70 years old.It's accurate/powerful over about 40 yards,which enough if need be.But at that distance you should have plenty of time to get something better to smash it up with.

Just ou of curiousity,how many people who "plan on raiding a gun shop" know where there is one/think the owner would let them in/think they'd be the first one to ge there?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Gary4279

Everyone has mentioned boarding up windows without taking time to go to the lumber yard....

heres what i would do , i would tear up the decking out back and board up the place, destroying the stairs and the floorboards down stairs. I would then make a trip to tesco and Smiths building supplies and weigh down the big flat-bed (also aquired from smiths) with supplies. on the way home a trip to the chemist for medical supplies (DUH) would be in order stopping by my local school to rob all the barbed wire as possible. by now i'm at the 10 hour mark. feeling the heat i would grab some lunch. Us humans must eat also. having unloaded all the crap into my now fortified zombie free retreat it back out on the open road to get petrol,a generator,a willing companion, some flares and weapons of any sort and army clothes and supplies from army-bargains, because you gotta look the part.

after that i would continue to modify the fort to keep busy. once my neighbours are savaged after i tell them its ok to venture out side i smash through the wall to make the fort a mansion. (also they have a hot tub)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Why wouldnt it be convince the guy that his best chances to survive is to come with me and all his weapons either that knock him out and take all the weapons and ammo except for one gunn and a box leave him with a little something. All you gotta do is make him think you want to buy a gun.
    I'm well aware its not GTA I know of a few gun shops/clubs within the 30 - 40 mins away from me so a pox on all of you who said its funny.

If getting the guns out of the shop went bad id prefer to be killed by a gun owned by the gun shop owner then the zeds

The idea is to not get killed at all, not to pick somebody nice to do it.

Maybe I could start a new thread: "Suppose You Own A Gun Shop"

Any support for this idea lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dumb Terminal

Here's my plan.

Nice and calmly drive down town, pickup all the water purification tablets i can lay my hands on, Medentech...it may be the end of the world but buy irish where you can. A few big bottles of Tipperary Spring water, not too many though don't want too much weight to shift. Stroll over the local fishing and hunting shop. Buy 3-4 fishing rods for redundancy/anyone I pick up along the way and a heap of assorted tackle, spinners and the like, don't want to have to rely on live bait. A nice heavy jacket, combats, wet gear, binoculars, sleeping bag etc.

You can probably see where this is going...

Find a bludging weapon, 1 wood, axe, hurley or some such, already spent some time shopping. Back to the fishing shop...forgot the gas burners some big calore gas cylinders too, cars a bit crammed by now so it's time to stop arsing about.

Drive down the quay, find an unguarded boat...shouldn't be too hard, never seen a boat guard. On a side story, a car of mine was knicked a few years back, it was recovered but without an ignition so I had to hot wire it for a week or so before I could get it fixed...how different could a boat be??

Once it's started I'll be able to tell if it's petrol of deisel. With all the stuff loaded I'll follow the coast around to the Shannon inlet. Stop along the way to load up on the appropriate fuel.

As we all know there's 2 different scenerios with Zombies.

1: Hell is full so the dead walk the earth. Traditional zombies lack the motor skills to swim, once in the water the lungs fill and they sink, unable to get back to the surface.

2: Rage infected zombies. I'd guess these guys could swim or atleast be able to make an attempt at it. I'd be hoping to take their lack of "Brain Sense" that traditional zombies seem to have to keep me from being noticed if i needed to go up stream for fresh water to purify.

Anyways, I'd anchor somewhere calm, sit there and fish while scanning the shore line for movement. And wait, if death comes then fair balls to it.

Maybe I'd head to the Islands and try lure the local zombies into the sea so I can go ashore and scavange for supplies. Depends what type of zombie we're dealing with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

car. castle tesco.

Kromdar wrote: »

And what then?

My number one golden rule is, try and avoid high densities of people.

And what then?

My number one golden rule is, try and avoid high densities of people.

its a central distribution warehouse for tescos in dublin. all walls, no windows. head-height loading docks. lots of trucks. partially solar powered. could hold out a few years in there.

i'm chancing that the workers will go home to their families when it all kicks off, giving a minimum number of people around. also the surrounding area is basically farmland and a few industrial units. nearest populated area is donabate, a few km away, and even that's not too dense.

its a central distribution warehouse for tescos in dublin. all walls, no windows. head-height loading docks. lots of trucks. partially solar powered. could hold out a few years in there.

i'm chancing that the workers will go home to their families when it all kicks off, giving a minimum number of people around. also the surrounding area is basically farmland and a few industrial units. nearest populated area is donabate, a few km away, and even that's not too dense.

Interesting option. Bit too dangerous though I would think. too big to hold. It will be a target for looters

How many personal do you think you would need to defend it successfully againt a gang of looters? What type of defense would you have?

Tesco donabate

It's in Dublin though. You have to realise, once the capital is infected, the zeds are just gonna fan out from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

It's in Dublin though. You have to realise, once the capital is infected, the zeds are just gonna fan out from there.

You cant be sure where the Z outbreak is going to start, it could be in any of the towns or cities in Ireland.

My thoughts are we will see an outbreak in a distant enough country, maybe off mainland Europe, and if thats the case I would still be worried about it even if it starts on a small island in the south pacific.

If it does start far from home I would still be on the lookout for any signs of it spreading as you can guarntee the WHO will try and play it down and encourage people to live normally but they wont be fooling me.

???

Profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭douglashyde

I love people like this.There is going to be fatalities but if they all have this attitude then it makes it all a hell of a lot easier for everyone else.

I live in the back of nowhere,so my plan would be fill our 2,000 litre diesel tank with petrol [go on,try and take it .I dare ya] then get the tractor with it's front loader cross ways on the drive,4 planks will cross from my bedroom windo to the roof of the garage as an escape route.Kill a few of the cows and begin jerking them[drying the meat] in the loft of the garage.If the folks can stay stable enough get a run to the shops in for dry foods and as much perishables as possible[they won't be around again for a long time].

We have a well and a big as tree just above it across the road so water isn't a problem.Over the next few days[I doubt i'll have zeds at the doors on day one] begin making the walk way from house->garage,over the road-> tree above water source->old house beside it-> sheds.It'd take about 100m of tiber/steel pathways but it gets me about 500m clear of the house without hitting the ground.

At some point move my forge indoors and start cranking out the swords.

Id get a gun and shoot the above guy and then use his HQ.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Too much reliance on firearms will become a problem in your plans guys. Unless you have a stock of bullets already, which may make you a target for looting later into the zombocalypse.

• Advertisement

Your lobos should already be prepared.

Interesting option. Bit too dangerous though I would think. too big to hold. It will be a target for looters

How many personal do you think you would need to defend it successfully againt a gang of looters? What type of defense would you have?

its pretty much fenced, and has an ass-load of fields around it. i say secure the hell out of any ground-floor doors, weld em shut if possible [gonna need to find a welder, any takers?] and dump a few semi-trailers across the entrance road, a-la dawn of the dead original. the building is a few stories tall, you could get onto the roof and make some sort of watchtower up there. if it all goes to crap, just haul whatever you can onto the roof and get rid of as much stairs as possible.

as for personnel, initially the people who work there might be useful, well whoever hasn't fled the place. after that, ring some of your mates [i know about 5 who'd be in with this plan] and then announce to some locals to get them on board too. also locals - farmers - might have guns. maybe. sure to make it a large fortress it will take more than the 10-20 or so that i'd have for the initial attack, but you're all welcome to join me after the initial few weeks/months when you decide to abandon your attics.

also an interesting thought - would burning a few semi trailers out and leaving a few z-corpses around the entrance deter possible looters? i mean if it looks like the place has been sacked already, it might deter a few...

also, looters, say 20 of them or even 40, assuming they're not FCA heads, might have a few pistols maybe a shotgun or two, so once you can create a decent perimeter, their weapons will be out of range of you. then you can use ied's or mortars or whatever to repel them. maybe.

Id get a gun and shoot the above guy and then use his HQ.
    Possibly one of the best compliment I've ever gotten.

Kromdar,That wouldn't be the place to head fiorst IMO.But a definite for Boardsie Zombie hunter HQ.The fields surrounding give a great Line of sight on your surroundings and considering it's a tesco distributor it'd be packed to the hilt with every supply you'd need.

On the "make it look looted idea" I always figur if you could have a zed or two roaming around outside/on the ground floor no one will come near it[try to do something about it's ability to moan]

Yes,I know zombie-pets is a huge NO NO but, People are one of the most dangerous enemies you'll have,Simply because they're unpredictable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Welll if this was deffo going to be a longtemr thing I'd first gather a small group of people.

Send one group to my Dads farm to collect farm equipment,Livestock etc.

Aother to collect supplies like food,hygiene,medicine etc.

send a small group to get books,lots and lots of books

And Myself would probably try and rob a boat and head over to Spike Island,located next to the Irish Navy Base.Spike is suitable as it has much abandond housing o the island,Huge area of grassland all around it((For agriculture)) and used to be a prision not long ago and before that a fort so if zeds managed to get on the island we'd be pretty safe.

All planed out already :D...and if people were already on the island we'd be like "We have moo moo's*Points at cattle*" ...but then they shoot us and rob our stuff grrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

Everyone says "i'd go to a safehouse..." but where is this infamous safehouse?

Personally I'd takerefuge in the deserted halls of a sparsley furnished Wicklow GAA trophy room....

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Father Stone

Anyone up for hiding in the Ailwee Caves in the Burren, I don't think zombies will look underground, we can re-surface every few days for supplies, there's an underground river too for water and for amusement we can re-enact "The Mainland"

• Advertisement

Anyone up for hiding in the Ailwee Caves in the Burren, I don't think zombies will look underground, we can re-surface every few days for supplies, there's an underground river too for water and for amusement we can re-enact "The Mainland"

bad idea, always go high. The zeds could easily venture under ground.

bad idea, always go high. The zeds could easily venture under ground.

The Burren is one massive limestone pavement, we could see them coming. If we had weapons we could fight them before they get too close to us.

I wouldn't knock the ailwee cave.There is only one entrance.It's very high up a hill.And YOU CAN see for miles from the entrance[I've a picture here somewhere of the view] and it's not too far from the coast/

However,it's not too close to anywhere with a decent stock of supplies and getting to/from it would be very limited,cosidering how hard it would be to hike up to the entrance every time.

I wouldn't knock the ailwee cave.There is only one entrance.It's very high up a hill.And YOU CAN see for miles from the entrance[I've a picture here somewhere of the view] and it's not too far from the coast/

However,it's not too close to anywhere with a decent stock of supplies and getting to/from it would be very limited,cosidering how hard it would be to hike up to the entrance every time.

How many times would we need to hike up to the entrance? If we brought enough supplies for a week we could then trek out and see what happened. How long before all the Zombies starve (28 Days)? If there were loads left we could just pick them off. The underground river is definetly an advantage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

How many times would we need to hike up to the entrance? If we brought enough supplies for a week we could then trek out and see what happened. How long before all the Zombies starve (28 Days)? If there were loads left we could just pick them off. The underground river is definetly an advantage.

what if they dont die after 28 days? what if your supplies run low and its too risky to go re-supply?

personally id rather take a tesco outlet like reviously suggested.
    obviously you need to ensure you have sufficient equipment and manpower to defend it properly, but this is ireland :(
    if we were in america, then most shopping mall's have gun stores.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭_SONIC_

what if they dont die after 28 days? what if your supplies run low and its too risky to go re-supply?

obviously you need to ensure you have sufficient equipment and manpower to defend it properly, but this is ireland :(

touche!

yeah shopping centers are a definite no!! too many entrances and too many windows :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

I don't even think you'd need to go near shopping centre's. After about 5 days, Most shopping centre's will have been raided and looted, you're best bet would be housing estates and residents. After all most people would have tried to wait it out. I know it's really dangerous, but I'd rather be held siege by zeds in a house then in a shopping centre.

The depot of a supply chain like Tesco would be ideal, but not anywhere near Dublin, we have to avoid the enemy, the enemy being people. There are surely more remote depots out there. Avoid high populated areas to survive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭NOGMaxpower

24hrs...

I would run through my survival check list 1st.
    Medical Supplies: Check
    Sword: Check
    Lump hammer: Check
    .22 rifle: Check
    ammo: Check
    9mm p226: Check
    ammo: Check
    Food supplies for 2 months: Check
    Walkie talkie: Check
    Body armor: Check
    Dr Martin boots: Check
    Large bowie knife: Check
    Radio: Check
    Sun cream: Check
    Map: Check
    GPS: Check
    Batteries: Check
    Night vision goggles: Check
    etc.

If by now you haven't already got at least 2 months supplies you're screwed in my book. My misses thinks I am mad but i have a Z check list of the basics ready and waiting. its not only for Z day who know what might happen!

My gaff is in a small private area of 16 houses, i own a duplex 2nd & 3rd stories. We have gates all around our estate with big electric gates on the front. Since I now have 24hrs to get ready here's my 1st few steps.

Bate down to tescos to get more water, canned food, pot noodles, dried food stuffs. Raid xtra vision for some new ps3 games/movies. raid O'Briens for as much spirtis i can carry (medicinal and party goods). Hit the chemist for some drugs "pain killers anti biotics, sleeping pills etc". Burn down to me ma/das, throw them into the car and take my ol fellas vast array of weapons with me (he's a gun/knife nut) and knows how to make explosives.

once i am kitted out it'd be back to the gaff. I'd say supplies time = 3hrs max. while me ol fella is breaking down the stairs I would be busy electrifying the front gates and surrounding fences by connecting them to the mains. Prior to this I would use glue on top of the fences and lace it glass, nails, barbed wire = perimeter safe.

= 3hrs (18hrs remaining)

Now for the gaff, black paint on all the windows. board up everything, front door, downstairs windows and upstairs. I would then proceed to lace the stairs up to my gaff with glass, nails, glue etc. once inside, i would take all the light bulbs out of the gaff and put them in the attic with the other supplies and wait.

= 5hrs prep (13hrs remaining)

I am done at this stage. Sit back and wait it out for a few months before even venturing outside. Big bag of green, booze, ps3 and i am happy. Of course Mickey Donelz and I would be in contact via ps3 and begin hatching our plans of hooking up and creating the Boardsies HQ before the power finally cuts out a week later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

- Max out my credit card stocking up on fuel, weapons (always wanted a samauri sword) and food. And a tent (see later) Load it in Mr. Ford Fiesta.
    - Drive home, Grab the wife and guinea pigs. Drive to Cabinteely, Grab the ma. Call siblings to arrange a hidey place, ideally in a sparsely populated area. (might need to give one of my brothers a lift - the other is a doctor and may be infected, so I'd make sure he drives himself down).
    - Will do. On reflection, I've realised that my ma's house has 2 nice big attics with stairs that can be pulled up Only problem is a lack of running water, but I'm sure we can fashion some kind of device for filtering rainwater. We can be like Anne Frank, but with board games and lego.

geeky wrote: »
    - Max out my credit card stocking up on fuel, weapons (always wanted a samauri sword) and food. And a tent (see later) Load it in Mr. Ford Fiesta.
    - Drive home, Grab the wife and guinea pigs. Drive to Cabinteely, Grab the ma. Call siblings to arrange a hidey place, ideally in a sparsely populated area. (might need to give one of my brothers a lift - the other is a doctor and may be infected, so I'd make sure he drives himself down).
    - My best bet for a safehouse is my place of work. It's in an apartment building - third floor, and only one entrance. Should the zeds be capable of getting past the security gates and up stairs (should be able to hear from the screams) we might decamp to the roof. It's very tricky to climb up to but, co-operatively, should be doable. Staying here for a month or two is where the tents come in.

Im from Cabbo too, look out for me

Im from Cabbo too, look out for me

Will do. On reflection, I've realised that my ma's house has 2 nice big attics with stairs that can be pulled up Only problem is a lack of running water, but I'm sure we can fashion some kind of device for filtering rainwater. You're welcome to crash. It can be like Anne Frank, but with board games and lego.

Will do. On reflection, I've realised that my ma's house has 2 nice big attics with stairs that can be pulled up Only problem is a lack of running water, but I'm sure we can fashion some kind of device for filtering rainwater. You're welcome to crash. It can be like Anne Frank, but with board games and lego.

Nice well i have a set of walkie talkies I'll share one with ya so we can keep in touch while we hold out.

Essentially keep taps on the outbreak, wait til it dies off before we make a move west to safer ground.

Great - I feel better about the inevitable apocalypse already.

Great - I feel better about the inevitable apocalypse already.

I'd hate to think it was inevitable? I prefer probable...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement