Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* NEED HELP ON HOW TO STUDY!!! *

Options
  • 17-12-2009 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

I need help on how to study...:(
    Mocks coming up soon and I still didn't start studying properly.
    During 5th year,I didn't pay attention in class at all and mitched from time to time...
    but this year, I copd on but finding it hard to study...:(
    when I try to study,I end up staring at random things and worrying about all the other things I have to study for...:(
    any ideas...?
    anything would be helpful :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

I need help on how to study...:(
    Mocks coming up soon and I still didn't start studying properly.
    During 5th year,I didn't pay attention in class at all and mitched from time to time...
    but this year, I copd on but finding it hard to study...:(
    when I try to study,I end up staring at random things and worrying about all the other things I have to study for...:(
    any ideas...?
    anything would be helpful :)
    From what you've said it looks as though you need will power and motivation above all else. Look up the movivation threads that were popping up here recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭kevogy

jasus....

here let me !

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+study+

was that so hard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Halla Basin

If there's a task that must be done,
    Don't turn your tail and run,
    Don't pout, don't sob,
    Just do a half-assed job!

If. You.

Cut every corner then it's really not so bad,
    Everybody does it, even mom and dad,
    If nobody sees it, then nobody gets mad,

It's the Transition year way!

The policeman on the beat
    Needs some time to rest his feet
    "Fighting crime is not my cup of tea!"

And the clerk who runs the store
    Can charge a little more
    For meat!
    For meat!

And Milk!
    And milk!

From nineteen-eighty-fouuuuurrrr....

If. You.

Cut every corner you'll have more time for play,

It's the Transition year waaaaaaaayyy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Sounds like you need motivation. From MOTIVATION WOLF!

1233164065872.jpg

I realise that messed the page up!

I just do the study plan thing. Pick a section/chapter, read it, make notes, try exam questions and check my answers on the examinations.ie marking schemes. If you don't really have a structure to your study, it'll probably be no help. ORGANISATION!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 moiragannaire

If you cant focus then write your notes out, summarize them into main points, and keep writing them out. You'll find you start writing them without the book r whatever eventually, then finally condense them down to main words and you will have a list of key words to help you remember the lot.Over Xmas make sure you plan a study routine, eg say Mon Tues Wed in between Xmas Day and New Years you study a topic from each subject for 30 mins or an hour, and alternate between subjects you like and dont like.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

Nobody can answer this for you I'm afraid. Eveyone has a way of study that works best for them, it took me quite a while before I figured out my way which is writing and reading and doing exam questions straight after. I know it seems kinda obvious but I know people who get better grades than me and they just read the book through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ANDYBOND777

Thanks guys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

worrying about all the other things I have to study for...:(

You need to separate your tasks and focus on one thing at a time. And while you're on that one thing, don't worry about the other stuff. Spend 30 minutes or 45 or whatever works for you on each individual area.

Make up a timetable for your day and divide it up to include breaks and study time for each subject or part of a subject.

What worked for me when I was doing my leaving was writing stuff out, over and over, and doing loads of mock exams.

I also liked motivation wolf's advice :pac:

Good luck!

Advertisement