Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would like info on kilcock

Options
  • 18-12-2009 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

I'm thinking of moving to kilcock next year and would like some info on the area. Is it family friendly, is there much to do and hows public transport? What shops are in the area? Are the schools good? Also where's the best place to look for good quality rented accommodation?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

I used to live in kilcock last year....I like the place...very quite...public transport is not good...I think the girls school is good but the boys school is not that good...

I used to live in Ryebridge and I think it is a good quality accommodation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭LauranceB

Public transport is not good. As shopping goes Maynooth would be the place you'd probably go for your main shop. There are a couple of small local shops, takeaways, cafe's just your usual small town type places.

I think Kilcock has a lot to offer - not a million miles from Dublin either.

There are plenty of good estates in Kilcock; Abbeyfield and Royal Meadows are good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Secondary school (boys/coed) used have GREAT reputation...literally one of the best in the region-whats changed ?Third opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Kilcock is grand but they could do with taking a bulldozer to certain parts of it. Corscadens is a disgrace, how any Kilcock native can look at that everyday is beyond me. Same with that butchers beside it. A pure eyesore which really lets the village down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭LauranceB

Definitely, the village would be attractive if money was put into it but I very much doubt this will happen now. Shame they didn't do it when there was money in the country.

• Advertisement
Advertisement