Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate Timeline [Definitely contains Franchise-Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Wouldnt Pegasus be 3rd and Destiny be 2nd? Just i was under the impression Destiny left from the Milkyway somewhere (Earth?) which according to this had been abandoned.

Very good read though.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Perhaps the Destiny project was something they had set into motion before they planned to abandon the Milky Way. Plagued ancients may have carried on the work before becoming extinct.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

But if it has a 3rd Gen gate and a 1st gen chair, yet Atlantis has a 2nd gen gate and a 2nd gen chair. The time lines of the Gates dont match up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Yep the timeline is made by fans as far as I can see and is based on what is said/shown and done on the show.

I still think the Destiny is pre Pegasus. By many millions of years.

I think we might find out more once the chair is used in Destiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

That time line is full of holes :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

But if it has a 3rd Gen gate and a 1st gen chair, yet Atlantis has a 2nd gen gate and a 2nd gen chair. The time lines of the Gates dont match up.
    They could upgrade the chair to include new features such as say not drilling a hole in your head but no need to upgrade the stargate because it still does exactly what it says on the tin there aren't any extra features so no need to upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Overheal wrote: »
    Perhaps the Destiny project was something they had set into motion before they planned to abandon the Milky Way. Plagued ancients may have carried on the work before becoming extinct.

I think its a little unlikely that Atlantis would be over a million years old though. Its say they left our galaxy 3-50 millions years ago.
    somuj wrote: »
    That time line is full of holes :confused:

Yeah i think the whole stargate timeline got f***ed up by the writers tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yeah they wrote themselves into a few corners.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

Overheal wrote: »
    But it does answer the question of Where Destiny fits in, along with its Stargates:
    Destiny Gates are the third generation gates. Milky Way gates are Generation One and Pegasus Gates are Generation Two

Actually it doesn't. According to a recent blog post by Joesph Mallozzi the Destiny stargates are the
    oldest of the three generations
    of stargates.

Source: http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/01/22/january-22-2010-panda-divorce-rate-at-all-time-low/

It would be nice if a official timeline was released however I would guess they would run into the same problem as fans have.

Advertisement