Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Second barrel friendly" firearms choices?

Options
  • 18-12-2009 1:43am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭

I know of the Sako Quad, 22lr/22mag all on one cert etc etc. Is there similar occurrence in any center fire?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I know of the Sako Quad, 22lr/22mag all on one cert etc etc. Is there similar occurrence in any center fire?

Remington 870 has changeable barrels.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sandy22

Blaser springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭freddieot

I had a Blaser with 6.5 and 6mmBR barrels. Excellent rifle. Need 2 x certs if you have different calibres though ! Quick change of barrel (less than 1 minute or so). Good scopes keep their zero if you are using the saddle mount set-up (naturally it's differnt for each calibre ;)

My super always considered it a second rifle (and don't get me going on that one).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

Sandy22 wrote: »
    Blaser springs to mind.
    Obviously not worried be hard time ahead!:)

$$$$:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭tonysopprano

Unique Alpine

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Mauser M 03 (Beautiful rifles. My pick of the switch-barrel bunch to date)
    Sauer 202 (Also excellent. Superb fast handling gun)
    Blaser R93 (No experience)
    RWS Titan (Likewise)

These are not cheap guns. The Mauser would be my choice (and one I'd love to consider down the line) but after an initial purchase of a hefty price, getting a second rifle (spare bolt head, spare mag and barrel - the first two may not be necessary depending on the calibres concerned) becomes fairly economical. The basic rifle will be probably over 2k, but a second rifle might be only 600 or so, and a third the same, so you end up paying say 3.5k for three guns, rather than maybe 1300 for each gun buying individuals. The more calibres you use, the cheaper it gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Mauser M 03 (Beautiful rifles. My pick of the switch-barrel bunch to date)
    Sauer 202 (Also excellent. Superb fast handling gun)
    Blaser R93 (No experience)
    RWS Titan (Likewise)

These are not cheap guns. The Mauser would be my choice (and one I'd love to consider down the line) but after an initial purchase of a hefty price, getting a second rifle (spare bolt head, spare mag and barrel - the first two may not be necessary depending on the calibres concerned) becomes fairly economical. The basic rifle will be probably over 2k, but a second rifle might be only 600 or so, and a third the same, so you end up paying say 3.5k for three guns, rather than maybe 1300 for each gun buying individuals. The more calibres you use, the cheaper it gets.
    Can you tell me were you got the price for the Mauser....Or is it a guesstimate?
    Im pretty sure there the price of a good used small car..
    I could be wrong though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Why what are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

dwighet wrote: »
    Can you tell me were you got the price for the Mauser....Or is it a guesstimate?
    Im pretty sure there the price of a good used small car..
    I could be wrong though...

I know the price I was quoted from their importers here, but it seems more like two grand in the UK, and I'd be quite happy to look for one over there for about half the price. So you're not wrong there dwighet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭J.R.

Benelli also have additional interchangeable barrels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

freddieot wrote: »
    I had a Blaser with 6.5 and 6mmBR barrels. Excellent rifle. Need 2 x certs if you have different calibres though ! Quick change of barrel (less than 1 minute or so). Good scopes keep their zero if you are using the saddle mount set-up (naturally it's differnt for each calibre ;)

My super always considered it a second rifle (and don't get me going on that one).

2nd Same cal barrel is now classed as spare barrel so no more second licence unless different calibre.

Advertisement