Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If You Could Change One Thing About Ireland...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

seraphimvc wrote: »
    connect this island to the continent .

this and
    get rid of the irish laungage for people who dont want it....if you want to learn irish send your kids to a geal scoil (spelt wrong)

or at least teach it properly...

ive being doing irish for 2 nd a 1/2 hours at least each week and i still know **** all. somone i know got a better mark than me in the junior cert in irish and they now have an exemption....like wtf.....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,440 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

More variety and open-minded people.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

Mousey- wrote: »
    this and
    get rid of the irish laungage for people who dont want it....if you want to learn irish send your kids to a geal scoil (spelt wrong)

ive being doing irish for 2 nd a 1/2 hours at least each week and i still know **** all. somone i know got a better mark than me in the junior cert in irish and they now have an exemption....like wtf.....

I'm guessing they got better marks in English too?

If I could change one thing, Id ban reality t.v. it has a whole generation of people in this country warped. Who gives a sh!t if Jordan wipes her ass with a doc leaf in the jungle. And while I'm at it I'd line all those "celebrities" such as Jordan, Kim Kardashian, The Hills whole cast etc up in an orderly line and shoot them all one by one.......... And I'd take great pleasure in doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

I love this fine land and wouldn't change a thing that's why i am still living here...... whats the pack moaners excuse for still being here?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Make myself the both the Taoiseach and President - I will be the Presiseach (to be prounced Presey-shock)
    In fact, the Illuminati have Ireland high on their lists of successful planning if they are to succeed in fitting the worlds population with chips in the future - sure, we're Irish, we'd volunteer.

also, how the fuck could you possibly know that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Originally Posted by IRockUrSocks
    In fact, the Illuminati have Ireland high on their lists of successful planning if they are to succeed in fitting the worlds population with chips in the future - sure, we're Irish, we'd volunteer.

dannym08 wrote: »

Yes I would like to know that too :p

I would change the system of free milk at schools available free to some schools to the whole country why should some schools get it free when other's have to pay 38 euro p/a for the milk

*shakes fist at government* :p

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

Make myself the both the Taoiseach and President - I will be the Presiseach (to be prounced Presey-shock)

The Da Vinci Code:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,440 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

RTDH, of course.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    RTDH, of course.

oh god. i hope the op doesnt turn out to be another RTDH like poster:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

I would demand widespread arithmetic, if someone swindles 30,000 don't spend 40,000,000 trying to ****ing prove it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭beng128

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    RTDH, of course.

What's RTDH

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

beng128 wrote: »
    What's RTDH
    Run_To_Da_Hills mufugga, RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

The weather and the irish people's interest in what happens in ireland (sport)

We take too much interest in the sport of other countries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Fcukface

I'd get ride of all the Irish, it would be a great country otherwise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭IRockUrSocks

I love this fine land and wouldn't change a thing that's why i am still living here...... whats the pack moaners excuse for still being here?

I just got back from traveling a few days ago and realized some things, perhaps you would too, if you bothered to open your mind to the fact that there are serious issues to be addressed in this country.

Look at the health system. The economic powerhouses in the E.U. use different systems and France is superb because of it, however, all parties have been in Government in Ireland within the last so and so years, except Sinn Fein so I don't see anyone looking at the world and taking the initiative to change things.
    Fcukface wrote: »

That's an interesting point. We, as a people, are small minded cretins, egotistical morons of a wonderful, brave and loyal past generation. Some how the children of today believe Ireland was always wealthy, "dad's yacht" and the like....new money folk makes me sick.

I was at Machu Picchu, Peru this time last week and accidentally, my friend dropped her cigarette (not the butt, the actual full smoke). Needlesstosay, she didn't want it after touching the ground but before she could pick it up, out of about 1,000 people around us that day, one couple made an idiotic, opinionated comment and guess where they were from? Ireland has changed and it's this new generation that think they can sit on their arse and do nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

Force people to use the Irish language, the punishment for speaking English could be twenty lashes or something!!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

Bring back hanging for any corrupt bankers/politicians/priests/civil servents/drug dealers, you get where I am going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

RMD wrote: »
    Personally I'd get rid of Xenophobes.

what the hell is wrong with wanting to get rid of people that come specifically here to leach?:rolleyes:

personally i would like to see a complete overhaul of the judicial system, it is a fucking sickening joke at this stage. serial rapers can get out after less than a decade for good behaviour. life needs to mean life in prison, there should be no luxuries just hard fucking labour. you do the crime you should do the bloody time, so if you ram into a garda intentionally and kill him you really shouldnt be seeing the light of day ever!

useless ***** of judges in this country really get my gander up!

ragg wrote: »
    I'd change the influence of British tabloid newspaper culture.
    How can anyone in this country call themselves a die-hard Liverpool, United, chelsea fan - its pathetic.
    also, I don't care what cock Jordan is sucking this week. I don't care about maddie McCann, i don't care about Johnny Wilkinson. I'll read about them in the world news section, i don't want 10 pages of gouger to get there.

excellent post, couldnt thank that enough

Mousey- wrote: »
    this and

whos fault is that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

aDeener wrote: »
    whos fault is that?

very true!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Fcukface wrote: »

I'd get rid of all the people who can't spell word with three letters in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Papad

aDeener wrote: »
    whos fault is that?

The Foreigners?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I'd do something about the state of the streets by introducing and enforcing hefty fines for littering. It's almost impossible to find a footpath in the town here that isn't covered in crisp packets, empty cans, cigarette butts and broken glass. Then there's people spitting all over the place. Call me crazy, but I have a thing against walking in other peoples germ infested phlegm. I think anyone caught spitting in public should be fined €50 or maybe €100 for those massive fist sized puddles of phlegm I've been seeing recently. I'd do away with the smoking ban too so people would smoke in pubs like they used to rather than hanging around outside making nuisances of themselves and flicking cigarette butts everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

Three day weekends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭An tSaoi

I'd ban the public display of flags.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lirael

I'd get rid of all the leeching foreigners.

Send them back to Nigeria, Romania or wherever the **** they're from.

can I send you to the MOON????????

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

I'd get rid of racism, I'd wipe the idea out of everyone's minds

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

An tSaoi wrote: »
    100 is the average IQ, so if you sterlised everyone under 100, then the currently average people would be at the bottom of the scale, and the 100 position would shift. Then you'd have to sterilise everyone under the new 100, which would be most people, and so forth until no-one was left alive except one person.

Yes, if you did it worldwide. We're only talking about Ireland here.

Also, if you use your description above you would have to redefine the standardised scoring mechanism and deviation regularly. Which doesn't happen.

If you take a snapshot standard test and apply that to a number of generations you will increase the average IQ of the country in relation to the rest of the civilised Caucasian world. (note I simply use Caucasian because IQ testing is based upon race and Ireland is predominantly Caucasian - unfortunately).

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

VinnyTGM wrote: »
    That should sort out our problem's.

Well it would be a good start.

Advertisement