Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can any waterford people help me out.

• 18-12-2009 4:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Hi people.Im wondering does anyone know any car garage/mechanic that will take on a person (me) on work experiance fixing cars.I have close to 6months work exp in a main dealer but was made redunant over a year and a half ago and cant find anywork in this area since as the car trade is well in truly finished.Now as i said things are very slow but some companies still doing well and I hope to find one of them ones.I would be working for for free under the fas work placement program if i could get a company to agree to take me on.If anyone knows someone that might be interested could you thow us a pm.Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

sorry cant help ya out. Would ya not just go around to a load of garages and tell them that they wont have to pay for you. Free labour at this time would be interesting to hear for them. Best of luck anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

seanybiker wrote: »
    sorry cant help ya out. Would ya not just go around to a load of garages and tell them that they wont have to pay for you. Free labour at this time would be interesting to hear for them. Best of luck anyways.

Will be in the new year lad.See with the work placement progran the rules were very strict but they have made changes at the start of december to relax the rules and allow more businesses to offer placements.So i will be trying a lot of places.See the thing is most of the grarages are leaving people go at the moment due to lack of work so trying them isnt best idea.Im hoping to find a backstreet garage somewhere maybe.Thanks anyway;)

Advertisement