Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight Yoke

Options
  • 18-12-2009 7:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

I'm looking for a Flight Yoke new or 2nd hand. Can anyone tell me where is the best place (pricewise) to get one?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

bugsyboy wrote: »
    I'm looking for a Flight Yoke new or 2nd hand. Can anyone tell me where is the best place (pricewise) to get one?
    Thanks

The only affordable options are CH Products or Saitek. I have a CH products PC yoke and its worked well for years, but its gameport so I'll need to upgrade to something with USB when I upgrade to Windows 7 in January.

I have the Saitek USB rudder pedals and they're pretty good, think I'll go with the Saitek yoke to compliment them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭bugsyboy

I use a cheap and nasty joystick that I got from from Lidl. Is there much of a difference using a yoke or a good joystick for that matter? Is it work over €100 do you think?

bugsyboy wrote: »
    I use a cheap and nasty joystick that I got from from Lidl. Is there much of a difference using a yoke or a good joystick for that matter? Is it work over €100 do you think?

Well I spent about €150 on mine 7 or 8 years ago and it still works well so cant complain about the reliability or quality.

I'm doing my PPL at the moment so I need a yoke because that's what the aircraft I'm training on has. The majority of civilian aircraft have a yoke flight control of some sort, only Airbus use the sidestick so unless your into military sims I'd recommend going for it. I'd also recommend getting the rudder pedals.

I went without up until 6 months ago just after I started training. I literally could not control the thing on the ground for the first 3 lessons because it was so alien to me. Once I was able to use the pedals in FS for a bit I had no problem in reality. Its added greatly to the experience, and you have much more control.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

anyone know the best place (pricewise) to pick up the saitek one? im in the market for it myself

indough wrote: »
    anyone know the best place (pricewise) to pick up the saitek one? im in the market for it myself

Komplett had them stocked at one stage, they actually had a good few flight sim products but I've just checked there and there's nothing in the catalogue online. Might be worthwhile ringing them because they have a pick up point in Dublin that could save you on shipping

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Subliminal

Can i ask do yokes have the pull back/push function? just curious..

also, is there a force feedback one?

Subliminal wrote: »
    Can i ask do yokes have the pull back/push function? just curious..

also, is there a force feedback one?

Yes you pull towards you to go up, push away from you to go down.

No force feedback yokes around at the moment, and if they were they'd either be very expensive or just not very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

John_Mc wrote: »
    Komplett had them stocked at one stage, they actually had a good few flight sim products but I've just checked there and there's nothing in the catalogue online. Might be worthwhile ringing them because they have a pick up point in Dublin that could save you on shipping

oh yeah i saw them before, they only seem to have the new logitech stick at the moment though

looking to get a yoke really as i used to be into flight sims with commercial (non military) aircraft and was interested in it again

just dont know what a good price would be, was thinking about 150 ish

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Cessna_Pilot

I recently got the Saitek Yoke and throttle quadrant in PC World, came in at €149.99.

It's great for what I use it for and cheaper than Komplett.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Bosch

Happy new year all !

Just to mention that the best deal I've found for the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System is now at Pixmania.ie... I've no affiliation with them but having done some research myself, I see they've a New Years sale on now with everything reduced, and that flight yoke is down from E149.99 to E114.53... great value at that price, even with delivery charges, etc.

The direct link to the product on there site is http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/627329/art/saitek/pro-flight-yoke-system.html

Hope this helps!
    B.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭jasonb

And the bargains continue!

I was looking for the Saitek Yoke with Throttle Quadrant too, and as the above poster said, the cheapest I could find was on Pixmania ( which worked out at about €130 including shipping.

I decided to try my local PC World ( New Hall Retail Park between Naas / Newbridge ). When I was last there they were €150, and I was tempted to get it there as for €20 extra I'd have one in my hands and be able to use it during these snow days.

However, I was very pleasantly surprised to see that they're now €99.97 in PC World! There was still a €149.99 price tag on the box ( and it was marked as €180 when they scanned the bar code ) but they've a banner on the shelf saying that it's €99.97 and that's the price the manager quite rightly charged me. They have at least one other one left at that price as of Friday.

So far I'm very impressed with the Yoke and Quadrant, and enjoying having all those extra buttons to play around with too!

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

I have a Saitek Yoke/Throttle AND Rudder Pedals AND a VRInsight (they make super high end instrument panels )head tracker ("Hat-Track")Asking for 179 euro for the lot on adverts.ie (link in post elsewhere on this forum).Will split and open to offers.Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Thats the baby i use.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Saitek-Flight-Controller-System-Joystick/dp/B00030GSJY/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1265117636&sr=8-5

amazon was the best price new that i found...

and if you havnt seen that TrackIR that ytaeh mentioned you have to check it out !
    gives that little bit extra - http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/

Advertisement