Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1000 litre plastic water tank

Options
  • 18-12-2009 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Hi does anybody know were I can get a 1000 litre plastic water tank like the one in the pic below.I have tried two people who advertise them on gumtree but they do not answer/return my calls.

www.bb.net.nz/barrel_tanks_accessories.htm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 scoobymac

was searching for the same thing.
    found this
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/gardening/1091464

hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

Cheers I will ring today and let you know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Becareful! These are not rated for drinking water. I know this might not be the reason but more and more people are thinking of inventive ways to store water.

Just rang the chap there very nice bloke he has some left if you still need one and he will deliver for 30 euro.
    Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

A new heating oil tank?

• Advertisement

No mate it is for a school to keep drinking water in

No mate it is for a school to keep drinking water in

You MUST use a black potable water tank then. Then come in 1000 ltr and 1200 ltr and are availavle from most builders providers plumbers providers if not all of them

o s**t cheers mate

o s**t cheers mate

A word or caution if a plumber knowingly fits one of these for drinking water its illegal. If you ask the plumber to do it and the plumber refuses and it later transpires that you got it done if the orig plumber goes as witness you will not have an insurence to cover the school against proscution for the various illnesses that will occur.

If you as caretaker whatever plumbs one of these it is negligent and you can be charged.

I say this because I suspect you have the tanks.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Those are called IBC's and are usually used to transport chemicals.
    There is no way of knowing what was in the tank before you get it, or its possible toxicity.
    Plus a translucent tank will very quickly grow algae inside it, you need black lightproof tanks to properly store water.

• Advertisement
Advertisement