Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (18/12/09) (Cold, Ice and Snow now arriving)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 snow plow

Next few hours will be interesting to see how it develops, wudnt mind a surprise fall!

Where are you?

Dan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

jambofc wrote: »
    gone cloudy in trim but nothing falling out of them yet

Slane here, had planned for xmas shopping in belfast this evening, in 2 minds whether to venture up or not, considering the forecast they have for the weekend, I may not get another chance.

Wish me luck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

malman wrote: »
    I was hoping to leave Derry for Navan now. Travelling through Tyrone Monaghan and Louth - what are the roads like on the A5 and the N2 does anybody know???
    ???

Nothing happening south of the border Louth/Meath as of yet. Cloudy alright but nothing falling. I'm going to opposite way.

Heres the radar now, seems to have disappeared.

Web_radar.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

it will be back shortly. Sometimes happens. Their dub airport radar must have not registered at 5. God help anyone on inbound flights :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

In_tuition wrote: »

Web_radar.gif

Still here : http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

Probably just a glitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

Web_radar.gif

The met radar is really bad it keeps missing out radar stations, on that frame it looks like the shannon dish is the only one working

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Web_radar.gif
    Dub Radar gone offline next update will show them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

Was snowing pretty heavily here in Enniskillen, eased off abit, all of it's sticking too!! :D There's a good dusting of it on the ground now, still going, but not as heavy!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I have a feeling it's gonna be a very LOOONG night!:D

looking at the uk radar the showers are growing as they move south wasn,t expecting that

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

I would love to see another snowfall here in dublin this evening.It would be lovely to look out on, or go for a walk in it. sigh.. I think if I wish hard enough it could well happen,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Wasn't even born, let alone thought of in 82. But from what i've heard about it it sounds epic. I would love to experience something like that. It would be so cool. Just need to stock on supplies first :p

I wonder is this how I came about - born in '83:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

so where is this percipitaion then? Radar showing action but as of yet no reports?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Looks like the midlands and southeast should prepare for oncoming snow!

Unfortunately looks like it will just evade here to the south of all places!

From watching Frances Wilson there on Sky News it looks like the main snow will be in the north and west.....fecks sake!:mad:!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

leahyl wrote: »

I see you got home safely,now you will have to pull a chair over to the window and keep an eye on the sky:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Was snowing pretty heavily here in Enniskillen, eased off abit, all of it's sticking too!! :D There's a good dusting of it on the ground now, still going, but not as heavy!!

oh right well all day since 12pm it was snowing really light dry snow and it has been the same everywhere else i wonder how you got that......

holly1 wrote: »
    I see you got home safely,now you will have to pull a chair over to the window and keep an eye on the sky:D

Holly1 you have very good ideas - first get a boyfriend a la guy in vodafone (or is it meteor?!) ad and then sit next to window and watch for snow! Genius;)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

From watching Frances Wilson there on Sky News it looks like the main snow will be in the north and west.....fecks sake!:mad:!!!
    Don't worry, I'll get plenty of photos when it arrives. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

no fancy restaurant to be heading to?!

The way them showers are growing don't loose faith just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Hold on now a second. How the hell are these showers growing as they push inland? This wasn't meant to happen! Anyone care for an explaination?

Or is it just the radar picking them up better as they move closer to it?

Not that I'm complaining :D

no fancy restaurant to be heading to?!

Who the hell do you think i am?!:D No no afraid no fine dining for me tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

Had a look at netweather's precip charts for tonight and tomorrow night, they look pretty good for some sort of snow pretty much everywhere don't they?

(this is from a person who didn't look at weather charts before this week so very very much a learner)

smashey wrote: »
    Don't worry, I'll get plenty of photos when it arrives. :D

Away with you! You are banished from this thread:D;)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 patsy A

Hello eveyone, I've been reading all the post the last few days, Thanks very much for all the info!!! It has just started to snow here in north Longford woohoo!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

still snowing lightly. is there going to be a bit more pep in this or is this simply the calm before the blizzards tomorrow night;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement