Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (18/12/09) (Cold, Ice and Snow now arriving)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

still snowing lightly. is there going to be a bit more pep in this or is this simply the calm before the blizzards tomorrow night;)

blizzards....sigh....if only!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

Looks like the midlands and southeast should prepare for oncoming snow!

Unfortunately looks like it will just evade here to the south of all places!

Is it not to pep up around midnight according to the gfs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I swear to god if that precipitation misses me i will take a golf club to this computer:p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

leahyl wrote: »
    blizzards....sigh....if only!

well, if Frances is right there could be blizzards for those of us fortunate to live in the north and west over the next couple of days:p

of course you are quite welcome to visit if you wish:D

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I swear to god if that precipitation misses me i will take a golf club to this computer:p

Now come on what did that computer ever do to you, eh?!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

byrneno7 wrote: »
    Is it not to pep up around midnight according to the gfs?

I dont know im just being a pessimist, at the rate is pepping up should hit us but it is totally unknown, you can only use the GFS as a very rought guide at this proximity, id be pretty sure this the front arriving early.

well, if Frances is right there could be blizzards for those of us fortunate to live in the north and west over the next couple of days:p

of course you are quite welcome to visit if you wish:D

oh FECK off!!:mad::D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

What is moving down over the northern third of Ireland right now is not the weather front... it is merley a trough of showers that formed over the north atlantic off Donegal and Derry.

The main weather fronts hit later this evening... have a look at sat24.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

I dont think we in the East are going to see aneything only brass monkeys:rolleyes:,it's always the same:mad:.And we are closest to England:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Hey Leahyl...check out the raintoday.co.uk radar for 17.30

What's that red blob just north of Cork harbour????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Danno wrote: »
    What is moving down over the northern third of Ireland right now is not the weather front... it is merley a trough of showers that formed over the north atlantic off Donegal and Derry.

The main weather fronts hit later this evening... have a look at sat24.com

later this evening? i thought it was tomorrow afternoon?
    things are changing so fast here i can't keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Rougies wrote: »
    Hey Leahyl...check out the raintoday.co.uk radar for 17.30

What's that red blob just north of Cork harbour????

thats a cork lad out playing hurling.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Personally I'd be amazed if the east coast sees anything from this, I would expect to see winter wonderland images though around the North and North West of the country by Sunday 6.01 news... feckers!!!

holly1 wrote: »
    I dont think we in the East are going to see aneything only brass monkeys:rolleyes:,it's always the same:mad:.And we are closest to England:confused:

aaaaww:(i hope you get snow Holly1!

thats a cork lad out playing hurling.

Sean Og get out of the way you're blocking our view!:D

leahyl wrote: »
    aaaaww:(i hope you get snow Holly1!

She's just lying to make you feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

At last now snowing here in mayo, just west of Clairemorris and south of Castlebar!

She's just lying to make you feel better.

You know me so well - i'm a B.I.T.C.H really!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

still snowing lightly. is there going to be a bit more pep in this or is this simply the calm before the blizzards tomorrow night;)
    Congratulations on your first snow of the season, you said last night that a few showers will make it down here were I am, I think your going to be spot on according to the radar;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

holly1 wrote: »

Kildare should see some of this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Peter

Light snow here now as well

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Just started to snow lightly in Kells, Meath.

We're ALL going to see some of this!!! All that's required is a little patience ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Will we get any snow in North Tipperary?

Also, how are things shaping up for Sunday? I have to drive from Tipperary to Dublin . . . sort of wondering what conditions will be like!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

National Forecast

18 December 2009 16:22

Today

Wintry showers gradually spreading southwards this evening and tonight. Showers will become fairly widespread for a time across Ulster, Connacht and west Munster and will fall as sleet or snow in places. Showers will be more isolated in the east and south and many areas here will remain dry. A cold night everywhere with frost and a danger of icy patches on roads. Lowest temperatures between zero and minus 4 degrees.

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

I must be in the warmest place in Ireland, 4C here! :pac:

Waterford is the Mexico of The Day After Tomorrow...
    Tell me about it.

roryc1 wrote: »
    Kildare should see some of this

really ?? ya think?? oh I hope, Im on the edge of me bleedin seat here in Lucan.:D

We're ALL going to see some of this!!! All that's required is a little patience ;)

AAAAWW Thanks Rougies!! I just had a peek out the window - nothing yet though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Raining like billyo here in donegal!

• Advertisement

Oh my god this is most definitely like a rollercoaster - up and down, up and down....at the moment.....DOWN!:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement