Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (18/12/09) (Cold, Ice and Snow now arriving)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I do hope I see some in North Kerry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

leahyl wrote: »
    Oh my god this is most definitely like a rollercoaster - up and down, up and down....at the moment.....DOWN!:mad:

Your posts are becoming quite irritating i say this in a nice way! i realise your enthusiasm but just be a little less spammy please:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Your posts are becoming quite irritating i say this in a nice way! i realise your enthusiasm but just be a little less spammy please:D;)

I'm sorry:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

99348.JPG

Current setup, all moving south, any falls will be rather light. Tomorrow will more or less be a re-run of today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

be nice :rolleyes:
    She is a cork girl when did they get anything good at all
    and they keep trying to be dublin :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

I'm sorry:(
    leahyl

here is munster forecast for tomorrow. i have no doubt you will get snow

Tomorrow will begin dry but it will stay very cold. Wintry showers will approach the area late in the afternoon leading to sleet and and falls of snow in many areas. Highest temperatures will reach 2 to 6 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

oh FECK off!!:mad::D

yeah. sorry i wasn't being very understanding. i know how frustrated i feel when other places get snow and we don't. this part of the country and ulster is more likely to get snow over the next day or two, but as others were saying with snow you can never predict where exactly it will fall. also given the fact it's going to be a fairly long cold spell by our standards, you could well see snow making it to cork at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Kilkenny City outskirts..

Temperature: -1.3 °C
    Dew Point: -3.7 °C

No snow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Danno wrote: »
    99348.JPG

Current setup, all moving south, any falls will be rather light. Tomorrow will more or less be a re-run of today.

so that blue in northern scotland will be here tomorrow night and give us the heavy snow and that iss why the snow was light today??????

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Multi-fuelled here... Gas cylinder cooker; open fire. And always well stocked. Living decades in remote places, including an offshore island, make it second nature.

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Wasn't even born, let alone thought of in 82. But from what i've heard about it it sounds epic. I would love to experience something like that. It would be so cool. Just need to stock on supplies first :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    leahyl

here is munster forecast for tomorrow. i have no doubt you will get snow

Tomorrow will begin dry but it will stay very cold. Wintry showers will approach the area late in the afternoon leading to sleet and and falls of snow in many areas. Highest temperatures will reach 2 to 6 degrees.

Aaaaw thanks WolfeIRE! I can understand though that i may be a bit irritating!

i think he means it will likely weaken as fronts from the north tend to as they move southwards over the land. still i think he is wrong. well, i more so hope he is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Danno wrote: »
    99348.JPG

Exallent stuff danno. Yes we have a front forming as we speak and spreading south. Lots of snow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Pangea wrote: »
    Raining like billyo here in donegal!

it worries me that its raining in donegal! what chance have we down south?! are you near the coast?

on a more positive note rte radio 1 weather said a lot of snow showers in western areas on sunday!

just dipped sub zero here under partial cloud cover-always a good sign.
    Currently +0.2
    DP is lovely too at -3.3c

There being no breeze at all now at this location,I'd be expecting it to go a few degree's under if the skies clear.

Cat just came in damp.. hoped it was melted snow..

No intention of going out again tonight whatever happens out there; freezing cold. Will wait to see what morning brings.
    Pangea wrote: »
    Raining like billyo here in donegal!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Nope Owen.C - All of that will push south overnight tonight. Tomorrow will more or less be a rinse and repeat - though the trough of showers (purple line) over the northern third might not be there again tomorrow, but another set of fronts (red and blue) will be in the same position again this time tomorrow. They are expected to be MUCH heavier tomorrow evening/night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Graces7 wrote: »
    Cat just came in damp.. hoped it was melted snow..

No intention of going out again tonight whatever happens out there; freezing cold. Will wait to see what morning brings.

wonder what the donegal postman would say about the cat coming in damp? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Its So Easy

roryc1 wrote: »
    be nice :rolleyes:
    She is a cork girl when did they get anything good at all
    and they keep trying to be dublin :D

Ah come on now.

It is unbelievably cold here in cork. Don't know the temperature but you wouldn't be out in it.

Funny guy!!:D
    wonder what the donegal postman would say about the cat coming in damp? :confused:

• Advertisement

that radio forecast wasn't too great for tonight. it would chime with what darkman said earlier and pangea's report of rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

It's SNOWING!! Very light but it's still snow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

That band of precip seems to be getting weaker now as it moves south.

Nope just think the radar has gone dodgy, the right side is still intensified slightly and left part isnt visible due to poor radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I will be very surprised if it makes it past the north of the Wicklow mountains, the northern slopes will suck it dry.
    Though hope springs eternal!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

Stopped snowing here (Enniskillen) about 1/2 hour ago. :( About a cm of it lying at present. Freezing here at the moment too, clear skys and all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Getting weaker? http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp?ani=y I dont understand how precip forms, and all that, but it looked to me, on viewing the animation that it was getting a little larger as it moved south (albeit its only light stuff).

Anyway, its sub zero here, -0.2c and DP -2.4c ............ them be snow temps!! :D

Although i expect more reports of snow from Meath, Louth etc?

Anybody there?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Nope just think the radar has gone dodgy, the right side is still intensified slightly and left part isnt visible due to poor radar.

Honing in your area there WC, we want reports as soon as the first flake falls!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

is everything on that radar snow? -1 here in Limerick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement