Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (18/12/09) (Cold, Ice and Snow now arriving)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Looking at radar, would be expecting more widespread snow reports?

Definitely a few flakes now here near Moate,but very light.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Looking at radar, would be expecting more widespread snow reports?

Seems to be very light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

andrewie wrote: »
    Another shower in Kells, this time a bit heavier and sticking.

That, and the ealier snow report from Trim, makes me believe snow is only happening under the darker sections of red, and nothing at all is happening under the more expansive lighter sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Villain wrote: »
    Anyone see the Six 1 news, Eveyln mentioned the word "Blizzard" and some decent snowfall for North and West areas !!!

Did you hear her on Gerry Ryan this morning, she was talking about that Donegal postman and slated Piers Cobryn :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

mad DIY wrote: »
    That, and the ealier snow report from Trim, makes me believe snow is only happening under the darker sections of red, and nothing at all is happening under the more expansive lighter sections.

Could be something happening but could be evaporating before reaching ground?

• Advertisement

Raintoday radar output seems to be missing some echos at 18:30.

Therefore it should now be snowing in Athboy, but not yet in Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I'm zoomed in tight, so the blob might not look so mega on a nationwide view. But it does show it should be snowing in Navan now....

Just checked there again :rolleyes:, still no sign. Maybe in the next hour or so. Its freezin outside anyway burrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

hi folks I didnt know what happened but in the last thread I was asked if I had pics but sorry to say no,

I dont got the equipment.

the snow stopped here for now but its to get as low as -9 tonight, time will tell,

I hope the snow falls in copious amounts tomorrow for yis.

Best forecast yet?

I think so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

-.9c with a DP of -2.6 love when the DP gets that low

Villain wrote: »
    -.9c with a DP of -2.6 love when the DP gets that low

-3C DP here in Waterford, air temp is 2C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Best forecast yet?

I think so.
    yes brilliant Maq. No mention of end to cold weather either;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Looks like any snow will be heading inland of here, batch moving pretty much straight south.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

not a bad rte forecast from jean byrne...looks like that westerly breeze is going to pippe up and give us a lot of showers through sunday and monday. not a whole pile of detail though re locations - still uncertainty until tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

it worries me that its raining in donegal! what chance have we down south?! are you near the coast?

on a more positive note rte radio 1 weather said a lot of snow showers in western areas on sunday!

Im a few miles from the coast but we get a good bit of snow here usually, theres big hills beside me too so it evens itself out!

Cold and clear here.... -1 usual crap we get here when its snowing everywhere else in the country ! :(

Might see something later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Looks like any snow will be heading inland of here, batch moving pretty much straight south.

It's coming home to JS:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Cold and clear here.... -1 usual crap we get here when its snowing everywhere else in the country ! :(

I'm normally pessimistic but i think we are going to get some this time. Its heading our way and its certainly cold enough :)

not a bad rte forecast from jean byrne...looks like taht westerly breeze is going to pippe up and give us a lot of showers through sunday and monday. not a whole pile of detail though re locations - still uncertainty until tomorrow!

There's uncertainty about the snow happened right now let alone Sunday or Monday. :pac: We are into the nowcasting period now, the radar and satellite are your friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

There was a mention in the main bulletin of the cold snap coming to an end in the middle of the week, but Jean Byrne made no such prediction.

Spitting snow here in NE Co. Galway at the mo, light dusting so far.

Tomorrow could be very tasty ;).

MayoForSam wrote: »
    There was a mention in the main bulletin of the cold snap coming to an end in the middle of the week, but Jean Byrne made no such prediction.

Spitting snow here in NE Co. Galway at the mo, light dusting so far.

Tomorrow could be very tasty ;).

Yeah I think the reporter got it the wrong way round!

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Just checked there again :rolleyes:, still no sign. Maybe in the next hour or so. Its freezin outside anyway burrrr

We both can stop looking out the window now, it seems to have missed Navan and me and as yet nothing is coming along behind:(
    It just decided to go either side for some reason:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

The ensembles I saw earlier pointed towards a slight increase in temps with some influence from the Atlantic around xmas but then a nose dive in temps again after the 27th.

Looking beyond Monday at the moment though is just guessing really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Didn't even know it was snowing here til I opened the door to let the dog out. Place is white! Spitting little snow grains at the moment. -0.1c with DP at -1.6c. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Heavy snow has just started falling in Palmerstown, West Dublin here within the last few minutes...

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Snowing again here, d15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

leahyl wrote: »
    I'm sorry:(

Don't be sorry Leahyl. I and many others enjoy your posts. Keep them up, they are a pleasure to read. ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Kilkenny City outskirts...

Temperature: -1.4 °C
    Dew Point: -3.4 °C

According to the raintoday site it's getting closer. Just North of Kilkenny now. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Heavy snow has just started falling in Palmerstown, West Dublin here within the last few minutes...

Nice, should be here in a few minutes so

Looks short-lived on the radar though:(.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement