Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (18/12/09) (Cold, Ice and Snow now arriving)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Snow/Hail here now. Temp -0.4c

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

fintonie wrote: »
    hi folks I didnt know what happened but in the last thread I was asked if I had pics but sorry to say no,

I dont got the equipment.

the snow stopped here for now but its to get as low as -9 tonight, time will tell,

I hope the snow falls in copious amounts tomorrow for yis.
    erm were does it say -9c!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

light snow in dalkey...only light:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Just started snowing in Galway :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Finally!!! it's started snowing here:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

trim
    very light dusting hardly covering the ground and now stopped

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

A few flakes in the breeze, muck!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Supercell wrote: »

Anything this evening is a bonus for the east!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

A few flakes here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Ahh come on, please let it snow in D11...

Aint seen any yet !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Supercell wrote: »

You know, there's an interesting scenario playing out here. That front coming down the country is also coming down the east Irish sea. It looks like its picking up some moisture from the sea and also there seems to be a slight easterly component in that area. We 'could' get a lot of precip in the Dublin/Wicklow/Wexford area....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

Started snowing here again - only very light; lets hope it picks up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 john 1994

:Dwill it snow in limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

Whats it like in west Dublin now, is that really heavy stuff coming down or just fairly light ? Have to travel that way in an hour or two.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

arctictree wrote: »
    You know, there's an interesting scenario playing out here. That front coming down the country is also coming down the east Irish sea. It looks like its picking up some moisture from the sea and also there seems to be a slight easterly component in that area. We 'could' get a lot of precip in the Dublin/Wicklow/Wexford area....

Certainly if you look at http://www.sat24.com/gb there is a sort of ssw movement.

The very light snow here has started to give a dusting! :) Not bad when I wasn't expecting anything this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Bit of graupel fell here at around 6:00, but not much at all.

Am located between Sligo Town and Bundoran, about 1 Km from the sea.

Clear skies, bit of cloud to the north, not getting my hopes up until tomorrow.

That's the best plan I reckon, be skeptical and then when I'm awoken early by the room being eerily bright, I'll look out the window and WOOOOO!!

That's the best time, the realisation that it has come.

Then it'll be brekkie and dragging the kids to the nearest hill with a few nut bags (that's calf nut bags BTW).

Was even considering taking the bonnet off me old car for the sleddin, but then again there's a breakers up the road where I'm sure there's an audi or BMW or Merc bonnet fopr a few bob.

Then at last I can drive one....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 john 1994

is it going to snow in munster tonite????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Light snow here still, giving a dusting, since the ground is frozen from todays only partially cleared frost....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭.243

looking down on wicklow town ,not a flake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

john 1994 wrote: »
    is it going to snow in munster tonite????

Could well do! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

Just back from Yorkshire. Had a nice 2in last night. Walked in a winter wonderland this morning during a light flurry with an icy NE breeze:D Back in Kerry now. All we need now is precip. Freezing hard outside now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Timistry wrote: »
    Just back from Yorkshire. Had a nice 2in last night. Walked in a winter wonderland this morning during a light flurry with an icy NE breeze:D Back in Kerry now. All we need now is precip. Freezing hard outside now

I'm going to Yorkshire for Christmas,So might see some snow :D

Waiting patiently to see if any snow is gonna' show up in north Kerry!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Kilkenny City outskirts...

Temp has risen a little..

Temperature: -1.3 °C
    Dew Point: -3.3 °C

According to the raintoday site, it's right over us, but I haven't seen a single snowflake. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Radar missing echos at 19:45?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭dm09

Although i expect more reports of snow from Meath, Louth etc?

Anybody there?

There was a light Graupel shower about an hour ago, not much but at least its a start!!

According to the latest radar the band of precipitation has moved south of us now.. majority of it seems to be fallen over Westmeath, Kildare, Offaly(Although I hope Biffo gets none!!! :D) Im sure more bands of showers will follow as the night progresses, Im pinning my best hopes on Sunday & Monday!

Here's hoping the snow gods will smile kindly upon Dundalk this year!!, and the rest of ya's!!! ;)

Rougies wrote: »
    Nice, should be here in a few minutes so

Looks short-lived on the radar though:(.

Blow some up to Lucan lads will yiz??:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

dm09 wrote: »
    There was a light Graupel shower about an hour ago, not much but at least its a start!!

According to the latest radar the band of precipitation has moved south of us now.. majority of it seems to be fallen over Westmeath, Kildare, Offaly(Although I hope Biffo gets none!!! :D) Im sure more bands of showers will follow as the night progresses, Im pinning my best hopes on Sunday & Monday!

Here's hoping the snow gods will smile kindly upon Dundalk this year!!, and the rest of ya's!!! ;)

What is Graupel ?:confused:

Stopped here now. A 30 minute wonder really, and just a light dusting on the ground thanks to the frost otherwise, you wouldn't have noticed it. Still, the kids enjoyed seeing it :)

On to tomorrow now lads and lassies, for our next 'event'

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭dm09

• Advertisement

mad DIY wrote: »
    What is Graupel ?:confused:

Drizzly grains of snow or hail - like small pellets I think...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement