Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cold Spell Discussion (18/12/09) (Cold, Ice and Snow now arriving)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

draward wrote: »
    kleefarr what part of kk i am in clara no snow

Just off the Dublin Roundabout.

And it's getting a bit heavier. Probably won't last long though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Had a very odd flake in the wind earlier shower died just as it hit here. Don't expect to see anything other than a dusting tonight but the North and West could see a bit later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

owenc wrote: »
    that so called snow is very very light and is like grapel snow!:rolleyes: EDIT :went out and there was snow lying everywhere typical about less than 1cm buts it something.......

Think the north coast might be slightly too exposed during these small upper air rises, expect to go back to -3c this evening for a time for real proper snow so thats why i would say you have pellets. Not that im concerned for ya though because by Sunday morning you should have a blanket!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭draward

:cool:
    kleefarr wrote: »
    Just off the Dublin Roundabout.

is it staying i have to go into town 1-2 am to collect OH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

the next GFS run is at 9.30 so hopefully it doesn't present a downgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Think the north coast might be slightly too exposed during these small upper air rises, expect to go back to -3c this evening for a time for real proper snow so thats why i would say you have pellets. Not that im concerned for ya though because by Sunday morning you should have a blanket!

well its snow everywhere buts its hardly deep itll be gone im sure by the morning if this rain comes -3 uppers?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭royalflush2003

lashing snow in greystones ..yipppppppppppppeeeeeeeeee

can anyone explain if the below chart is indicating any significant precipitation. To my untrained eyes it looks like there will be snow falling at 7am.

taken from this site

99364.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

No signs of the cold spell here in donegal yet , the water on the car is all ice but the roads are grand, dont think there will be snow tonight.
    Im waiting on met eireann to let me down again lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭jaffa20

lashing snow in greystones rolleyes.gif..yipppppppppppppeeeeeeeeee

Erm, no:confused: Well there was a light dusting but it's gone now.Is on a few cars but that's it :(

Edit; just saw the rolley eyes :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 recessionpatch

white xmas its the way forward

Pangea wrote: »
    No signs of the cold spell here in donegal yet , the water on the car is all ice but the roads are grand, dont think there will be snow tonight.
    Im waiting on met eireann to let me down again lol

amm it just snowed here and proper snow not the lighht light snow we had from 12pm..... it lay too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

Is there some sort of conspiratorial correlation between the on-again off-again nature of the climate talks and our snowcasts? Or should I post this in CT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Rougies

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    can anyone explain if the below chart is indicating any significant precipitation. To my untrained eyes it looks like there will be snow falling at 7am.

taken from this site

That chart indicates rain over Ireland. The striped areas represent snow.

Edit: Even Southern Spain is getting some snow on that chart!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Clear skies overhead, meh is all i can say.
    Its cold, good ground prep for decent precip thats hopefully coming later in the weekend.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

greystones san diego ........sry

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

That does look like the cold front coming into the North but the upper temperatures are rising ahead of it and it's not as cold behind. It is due to come south as per the GFS and UKMO but will probrably be rain. I think you will know by the dew points which should be rising slightly shortly.

See

12-574.GIF?18-12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

draward wrote: »
    :cool:

is it staying i have to go into town 1-2 am to collect OH

Really really light now, nearly stopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

No snow in Waterford City yet, don't think it will be much if we do get it but hopefully we will get something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Down to -1.2c with the light dusting still in tact. Getting quite misty.

• Advertisement

RTE says Met Eireann have put a weather alert as sleet and snow move in from Britain. Not entirely correct is it. Ain't it coming from north of us?

BTW darkman, you are prob right. the image i posted is very likely the band that is forming at the moment across from Donegal to Antrim

really heavy falls of snow now, and i have to go driving in it .....daaammmnnn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

darkman2 wrote: »
    That does look like the cold front coming into the North

I thought that wasnt due till tomorrow evening? Or is that a second front?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Just had a massive burst of snow here, roads have been covered with maybe 1cm of snow.. will get pics.. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

mickger wrote: »
    No snow in Waterford City yet, don't think it will be much if we do get it but hopefully we will get something.

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

Looks like its going to just miss the city, just to the west.

RTE have not updated their news report on snow since Six One news. That is poor considering things are changing by the hour.

SUGGESTION: Any chance people could post their location at start of their snow reports?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭draward

ware are you

darkman2 wrote: »
    That does look like the cold front coming into the North but the upper temperatures are rising ahead of it and it's not as cold behind. It is due to come south as per the GFS and UKMO but will probrably be rain. I think you will know by the dew points which should be rising slightly shortly.

See

12-574.GIF?18-12
    whats making these dp rise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭jaffa20

greystones san diego ........sry
    lashing snow in greystones ..yipppppppppppppeeeeeeeeee

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Weather forecast gives hope to many for snow up until wed at least :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement