Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (18/12/09) (Cold, Ice and Snow now arriving)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

18z rolling out now. Definitely our favorite run lately. Let's see what treats are on offer this time. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭royalflush2003

finland

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I think the idea for tonight is for another band of showers to form over ulster and push south, temps may push up abit with a slight warm sector pushing through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Weather forecast gives hope to many for snow up until wed at least :)

Looked particularly bad for the NW on the Atlantic charts she showed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

no snow in galway at all, done 3 miles walking with the german shepard though shes knackered asleep on rug, im having hot whiskys.. nice.. all i need is snow:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Looked particularly bad for the NW on the Atlantic charts she showed.
    yes, but galway/clare tend to fair well from a NW flow, as well as inland to roscommon, leitrim, and parts of north tipp, offaly.

That set set up looks like staying in place until midweek with winds turning even more westerly by wed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

More precip at 24hrs on this run...

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭draward

finland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Some flakes starting to blow about in the wind here in Carlow town! :)

Temp 0c (slight rise from -0.4c earlier) and DP of -2.1c

More precip at 24hrs on this run...

And slightly lower 850s/dps

• Advertisement

latest from 18oz for 9pm tomorrow

the midnight chart shows nationwide snow precip. Leahyl should be happy!!

99369.jpg

18Z is an upgrade for Saturday nights snow, colder than the previous one and looks like more widespread precip slightly. Good chance of most places seeing some snow if that came off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

99369.jpg

That looks like green down near Cork though - is that not sleet?

leahyl wrote: »

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Unfortunately..........yes! :o

Dont worry, you'll get your snow........someday........maybe......:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Rougies wrote: »
    ;)

Ok i give up - i'm not gonna comment anymore because i clearly can't read!:D Just hope i get a bit of the white stuff;)

yes, but galway/clare tend to fair well from a NW flow, as well as inland to roscommon, leitrim, and parts of north tipp, offaly.

That set set up looks like staying in place until midweek with winds turning even more westerly by wed.

Yep, true, although you defo more exposed to the elements down there in Clare. A lot of land between me and west Mayo coast so those showers will need to be strong to make it in this far. Still, stranger things have happened!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

Showery Activity in the North West now turning to rain over Donegal and Fermanagh. Is this the warm front moving in??

No change for Sunday on this run that I can see.

Ok i give up - i'm not gonna comment anymore because i clearly can't read!:D Just hope i get a bit of the white stuff;)

Keep a close look out. There are a few flurries around you at the moment. Blink and you'll miss them, so watch closely!

Web_radar.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Nothing here in Waterford City,feel like thats it for tonight and hopefully tomorrow evening we might get some.

Keep a close look out. There are a few flurries around you at the moment. Blink and you'll miss them, so watch closely!

Web_radar.gif

Looks like the fish in the Irish Sea are gettin more snow than anyone. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Does anyone have a forecast ( one of ye experts) So far RTE/SKY/ACCU/BBC all giving different forcasts.. Some saying rain - some saying snowfest....some saying sunny
    Im in Bray - But kiddies are gone to Wexford so naturally worried bout getting them home by Sunday night.. Cheers ....

leahyl and other rebels.

Better news from midnight chart tomorrow

99373.jpg

Looks like the fish in the Irish Sea are gettin more snow than anyone. :pac:

I wonder if there are little fishy weather forums around the coast of Ireland. Fish discussing various weather types and stuff? :confused:. Would make for interesting reading*

*if one was well acquainted with fish language that is :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Yea latest models really look like giving a dumping to the western fringes and Ulster. Could be ALOT of snow there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Hi Gang,

Just back on-line this evening.

Good to see you all back again, what a busy thread.

Looking forward to reading all the posts for another while :D

Not too sure what to make of tonight's forecast after the 9pm news on RTE1, so looking forward to reading everyones thoughts.

Slightly overcast cold night here in West Limerick.

jenzz wrote: »
    Does anyone have a forecast ( one of ye experts) So far RTE/SKY/ACCU/BBC all giving different forcasts.. Some saying rain - some saying snowfest....some saying sunny
    Im in Bray - But kiddies are gone to Wexford so naturally worried bout getting them home by Sunday night.. Cheers ....

They're all giving different forecasts because nobody knows exactly what's going to happen really. That's why we've all been glued to the radar images today.

Even within a couple of hours it's hard to tell. None of us expected any snow in Dublin this evening, yet we got some. Not a lot, but it could have been!

Nothing too exciting out to 90 hours, after Sunday precip seems very light indeed and very much confined to coastal area. Very cold inland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Rougies wrote: »
    They're all giving different forecasts because nobody knows exactly what's going to happen really. That's why we've all been glued to the radar images today.

Even within a couple of hours it's hard to tell. None of us expected any snow in Dublin this evening, yet we got some. Not a lot, but it could have been!

Ah Thanks Rougies- whats Clondalkin like tonight ? We got a dumping there about 8.30... Sis said road to Glencullen as clear today - but school was in tatters.... whats charts are we watching tonight ? any links for me ???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement