Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (18/12/09) (Cold, Ice and Snow now arriving)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

i hope this thread won't all turn to bitterness! it could be messy.

Oh you aint seen NOTHING yet Munsterlegend;)!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Latest radar showing most of the showers off the southeast coast.

Woke up this morning to a thin coating of snow on cars, none of note sticking on the ground.

Bloody freezing though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

leahyl wrote: »
    You better shut that hole in your face! (joking!) Jeepers i think i need anger management classes on top of everything else!:D

Here is a pic of a tree in snow to keep you calm and peaceful for the time being :p

snow.jpg

-2.5c now, the rise continues. Not near my Davis V2 and am depending on an old portable car thermo hanging out the window at the moment, but still very frosty out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Just south of Dundalk here no snow not even a bit of frost
    all in all a beautiful day

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Any idea if inbound flights will be affected. Flying in next Tuesday...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

-2c in Ennis. Beautiful clear day. People wearing scarfs and hats that haven't seen the light of day since 1982 snowfalls. Dear Lord....is that a Wham hat?

Snowing lightly and continously here west of Arklow for the past 20 minutes or so.

Here is the snow report from Morning Ireland with MET Eireann warning for Ireland

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1218/weather_av.html?2670743,null,209

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

A few flakes falling in D8..plenty more in that sky!

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    -2c in Ennis. Beautiful clear day. People wearing scarfs and hats that haven't seen the light of day since 1982 snowfalls. Dear Lord....is that a Wham hat?

Even more strange in Tuam at the moment. Took this pic a few mins ago outside my window.

RUSSIA-VICTORY-DAY.jpg

It's fecking Soviet out there...:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Even more strange in Tuam at the moment. Took this pic a few mins ago outside my window.

RUSSIA-VICTORY-DAY.jpg

That picture is a blatant lie. It was actually Main St, Moate on Paddy's day last year....;),

LOL F11! :D:D:D

That picture is a blatant lie. It was actually Main St, Moate on Paddy's day last year....;),
    I thought it was SIPTU rally when I first saw it.

Evelyn Cusack on Gerry Ryan at the mo....she reckons not a white Christmas, milder air from the south - but she did say things can change this far away....

Wow, she totally dissed Ken Ring lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Clear and sunny here, temp 2.1c

why does gerry keep telling yer man to speak up???

Did Evelyn say much about where snow is going to fall Force Eleven?

Evelyn Cusack on Gerry Ryan at the mo....she reckons not a white Christmas, milder air from the south - but she did say things can change this far away....

Damn, not near a radio at the moment! :o Evelyn always make for interesting listening when she is talking weather.

why does gerry keep telling yer man to speak up???

Did Evelyn say much about where snow is going to fall Force Eleven?

No, mostly the north and north west she was saying,but this weekend would be tricky for drivers. Unfortunately, being Gerry Ryan, no intelligent questions were put to her.

He should have asked her about the merits of GFS v ECM modelling, plus the science behind polar low pressure systems. Ah well, maybe next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Very light bits of snow falling on and off here all morning, obviously nothing on thr ground barring afew snow pellets!

Damn, not near a radio at the moment! :o Evelyn always make for interesting listening when she is talking weather.

Yep, she certainly has opinions on Mr Ring! Practically called him a charlatan for taking money off people for using his 18 year cycle method. She said if that was true, why would we need weather forecasters...given all the public sector problems, perhaps she should have kept a bit quieter. If Mr Lenihan gets wind of this, he might start asking questions lol....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭redalicat

-1.5C here in Old Kilcullen, Co. Kildare. Woke up to a light dusting of snow, barely sticking. Some cloud overhead and the odd flake falls from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

RUSSIA-VICTORY-DAY.jpg

Could be a crackdown on that local gang of young ruffians hanging around in Tuam recently ;) Never saw the Square looking so well mind you.

Still freezing here in Galway, even the coast road out to Spiddal was iced over this morning. Went to lock my car door when I got to work (central locking not working for the last while) and the key wouldn't go in - first time that has happened to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

What's it looking like for Monday AM in Dublin at this stage?

Got a flight to catch around 7am, dreading the airport closing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

any update on the 06z charts? are they not running from 10 30 am onwards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

She certainly made mince pies out of his predictions:D,she is quiet amusing:).

Shzm wrote: »
    What's it looking like for Monday AM in Dublin at this stage?

Got a flight to catch around 7am, dreading the airport closing

It would take a lot worse weather than Met Eireann are predicting anyway, but I'd keep in touch with how things are over the weekend. At the moment, it is certainly going to be cold, maybe some sleet/snow showers too.

So, green light looking from this distance, but keep your eye on the forecasts.:)

From tomorrow on, it looks increasingly like a North and Northwest snow event. All forecasts seemed to have downgraded the chances of a widespread event.

GFS charts are now showing up lesser snowfall than any previous run. Fingers crossed that the next run at 3.30pm will upgrade things again for the rest of the country.

holly1 wrote: »
    She certainly made mince pies out of his predictions:D,she is quiet amusing:).

Lol, she strikes me as a bit 'kooky' but in a nice way...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

From tomorrow on, it looks increasingly like a North and Northwest snow event. All forecasts seemed to have downgraded the chances of a widespread event.

GFS charts are now showing up lesser snowfall than any previous run. Fingers crossed that the next run at 3.30pm will upgrade things again for the rest of the country.

better hide that from leahyl! still there is always hope...things usually get better in the evening around here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

better hide that from leahyl! still there is always hope...things usually get better in the evening around here!

Too late! I've seen it.....*sound of leahyl's heart breaking....:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement