Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (18/12/09) (Cold, Ice and Snow now arriving)

Options

Comments

Looks like the fish in the Irish Sea are gettin more snow than anyone. :pac:
    T'was snowing in rathfarnam and sticking before it stopped this evening about 730 or so..
    Driving down to south wicklow there were a few flurries and the road was white in places.
    I met one grit spreader.

Currently partly cloudy here and -0.4c
    Dewpoint is -3.1c

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Showery Activity in the North West now turning to rain over Donegal and Fermanagh. Is this the warm front moving in??

Yep, rain here, but its cold.

Can see snow later on though.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Temp 3C (hasnt dropped below 2C all day)
    Dewpoint -2C

Temp 3C (hasnt dropped below 2C all day)
    Dewpoint -2C
    Is that in an urban area?

Temp dropping here slightly.
    Now -0.6 and quite frozen outside.

Is that in an urban area?

Temp dropping here slightly.
    Now -0.6 and quite frozen outside.

Yep, urban. Feels a lot colder than 2C though with that air. Not goin back out there...brrr...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

I wonder if there are little fishy weather forums around the coast of Ireland. Fish discussing various weather types and stuff? :confused:. Would make for interesting reading*

*if one was well acquainted with fish language that is :o

Didn't Michael Fish from the BBC used to be a moderator and expert forecaster in those forums years ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Latest update on road conditions
    Killarney is chilly
    http://www.nra.ie/RoadWeatherInfo/Map/data/htm/WeatherTable.htm

Can anyone tell if there might be anymore snow around Dublin /Kildare border tonight?
    I remember someone saying earlier that precip from up North might head south

Thanks.

Rougies wrote: »
    Didn't Michael Fish from the BBC used to be a moderator and expert forecaster in those forums years ago?

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Not up to speed with all this. Have been watching you guys talk for the last couple of hours and trying to get my head around things.

Would I be right in saying, going by the rain today site. That there is percip building up around Ulster?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Just had a few rogue flakes.....started getting all excited ! Then they simply stopped :( Praying for more.....

Jake1 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell if there might be anymore snow around Dublin /Kildare border tonight?
    I remember someone saying earlier that precip from up North might head south

Thanks.

You can follow it here : http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Mix of rain and snow up there at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I wonder if there are little fishy weather forums around the coast of Ireland. Fish discussing various weather types and stuff? :confused:. Would make for interesting reading*

*if one was well acquainted with fish language that is :o

:) Of course there is.

FindingNemoTurtle.jpg

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Not up to speed with all this. Have been watching you guys talk for the last couple of hours and trying to get my head around things.

Would I be right in saying, going by the rain today site. That there is percip building up around Ulster?
    yes but is unlikely to spread too much past ulster, north leinster and connaught.

Just looking at radar for past two hours the showers up north do not appear to be making any headway southwards.

Although, we thought that too about the later afternoon/evening band of showers.

You can follow it here : http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Mix of rain and snow up there at the moment.

Thats great Maquiladora, thank you :)

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Just looking at radar for past two hours the showers up north do not appear to be making any headway southwards.

Thanks for the reply. And could there be a chance of this heading southwards? How would you know if it was moving this direction? Would you notice it on the map or is there another way to tell?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Come on maquiladora, that's not appropriate!

I just thought since you were getting no snow, I'd try to cheer you up with some cheese :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Raining very heavy here in Tír Chonaill

Thanks for the reply. And could there be a chance of this heading southwards? How would you know if it was moving this direction? Would you notice it on the map or is there another way to tell?

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

click the play button on this radar http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

see the difference between earlier band of showers and the one currently brewing from Donegal to Antrim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Hi guys,

Back after a crimbo party and here was my first port of call... hahaha :D

That big band of snow out on the Irish sea, any chance of that moving inland ?

Drunken Franco
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Very cold here in Limerick city, had a few droppings of very light snow awhile ago, I hoping for more:D

I think Ill head to bed, not looking very promising for my area..:(

click the play button on this radar http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

see the difference between earlier band of showers and the one currently brewing from Donegal to Antrim

Just looked at the map there. So judging by the looks of things we will have to wait another hour or so to see whats happening. Is that right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

Light rain here at Enniskillen now. The dusting of snow is still lying though... for now!!

Rougies wrote: »
    Come on maquiladora, that's not deserved!

I just thought since you were getting no snow, I'd try to cheer you up with some cheese :D

:D Ah I love a bit of cheese. I will be a bit further north this weekend, I reckon Ill see some snow then... :pac:

Just looked at the map there. So judging by the looks of things we will have to wait another hour or so to see whats happening. Is that right?
    depends where you live. Either way a lot of the precipitation there is rain at the moment. This should change though as the cold front behind establishes itself. If you live in Mizen Head I would think about turning in for the night :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 john 1994

is it going to snow in limerick tonite???

depends where you live. Either way a lot of the precipitation there is rain at the moment. This should change though as the cold front behind establishes itself. If you live in Mizen Head I would think about turning in for the night :p

Im over in Navan. Quite interesting to see how all this stuff works. So if its cold enough and there is enough percipitation, we might see something?

• Advertisement

john 1994 wrote: »
    is it going to snow in limerick tonite???

Doesnt look likely.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement