Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (18/12/09) (Cold, Ice and Snow now arriving)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

nice steady fall continues..
    Everything covered now,white roof's,cars,hedges etc!

SO jealous....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

God dammit, where's our snow ?? :(

nice steady fall continues..
    Everything covered now,white roof's,cars,hedges etc!

Pics please?!

Check out the pictures of the snow in England on Sky News site - amazing:)

http://yourphotos.sky.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

clear skies and sunshine here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

That's a fairly steady stream of precip heading north wexford-wicklow-Dublin way. It's heading southwest. Plenty going on in Derry and Inisowen peninsula too. That precip is moving south (edit)

The below was taken at 11.30

99305.jpg

It's odd that the North precip does not show up on the Met Eireann 11.30 radar.

ch750536 wrote: »
    clear skies and sunshine here.

same here:mad:

Absolutely pelting down here still.
    Big flakes mixed with graupel.

It's not covering the grass but is on the roofs,cars and tarmac.
    If it keeps up like this,it should start sticking on the grass but I dunno as by the radar it will be coming and going.

Currently 1.6c air
    -1c dewpoint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 snow plow

light snow here now. :D

Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    That's a fairly steady stream of precip heading north wexford-wicklow-Dublin way. It's heading northwest. Plenty going on in Derry and Inisowen peninsula too. That precip is moving north (edit)

The below was taken at 11.30

99305.jpg

It's odd that the North precip does not show up on the Met Eireann 11.30 radar.

its heading north? it should be heading south!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

my error. i wrote edit but never edited. doh!

*&!&%?:mad:

leahyl wrote: »
    *&!&%?:mad:

translate please!

translate please!

You know what it means!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

cian1500ww wrote: »
    God dammit, where's our snow ?? :(

I know , I know!!! the sky over Sligo town is NOT looking like snow sky!! whats the story!! Maybe its just waiting for me to finish work, collect my stepson and get home in time to enjoy it!! so approx 8pm this evening please!!!!!!:D:D:D

Pretty please!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

Actually, looking at raintoday, it seems to be static, neither going north nor south !

eskimocat wrote: »
    I know , I know!!! the sky over Sligo town is NOT looking like snow sky!! whats the story!! Maybe its just waiting for me to finish work, collect my stepson and get home in time to enjoy it!! so approx 8pm this evening please!!!!!!:D:D:D

LOL!! Hope it happens for you and your stepson;)!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Tomorrow evening we should have a better chance. ;)

]The Uk met office have been uncertain for a while now - looks a bit better for the white xmas gamblers.

the uk met office also say there will be heavy snow showers up north on sunday. hopefully in the northerly breeze they'll filter south.
    [/B]UK Outlook for Wednesday 23 Dec 2009 to Friday 1 Jan 2010:

It looks likely to be generally unsettled next week with a mixture of clear or brighter spells and showers or longer spells of rain, sleet or snow across most parts. Some heavier precipitation is likely but across southern areas the precipitation looks more likely to fall as rain or sleet. Cold, especially across northern areas with overnight frosts and icy surfaces in places. Windy at times too making it feel even colder. By next weekend it looks like the unsettled weather is set to continue but with the main sleet and snow risk continuing in the north. Temperatures may recover to near or above normal in parts of the south towards the end of the period but more wintry weather may continue in the north, although this aspect is uncertain.

rhonin wrote: »
    Tomorrow evening we should have a better chance. ;)

Ya i'd say ye will definitely get it - they seem to be banging on about the north and west so.....:)

• Advertisement

]The Uk met office have been uncertain for a while now - looks a bit better for the white xmas gamblers.

the uk met office also say there will be heavy snow showers up north on sunday. hopefully in the northerly breeze they'll filter south.
    [/B]UK Outlook for Wednesday 23 Dec 2009 to Friday 1 Jan 2010:

It looks likely to be generally unsettled next week with a mixture of clear or brighter spells and showers or longer spells of rain, sleet or snow across most parts. Some heavier precipitation is likely but across southern areas the precipitation looks more likely to fall as rain or sleet. Cold, especially across northern areas with overnight frosts and icy surfaces in places. Windy at times too making it feel even colder. By next weekend it looks like the unsettled weather is set to continue but with the main sleet and snow risk continuing in the north. Temperatures may recover to near or above normal in parts of the south towards the end of the period but more wintry weather may continue in the north, although this aspect is uncertain.

This gets worse and worse!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

You know what it means!;)

Cork says no to snow :P

roryc1 wrote: »
    Cork says no to snow :P

watch it roryc1!! :D

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/161-02.html

looks like met eireann are getting confused about north and south as well.

west munster is mentioned and cork is in west munster so maybe just maybe cork may say yes. saturday into sunday in the short terms looks our best chance.

LOL!! Hope it happens for you and your stepson;)!

Ah yes, the weather frequently will wait on me to find the appropiate attire, you know, wellies, thick socks, gloves, scarf, etc etc.. :D:D;), Have a fab pic of snowman we made in Feb but can't get to it today. Maybe over weekend.

Leahyl, if snow lands in Leitrim and you are missed out, we will build a snowman or snow-animal in your honour! best I can do, while the weather may wait for me, it won't always do what its told, like spread out and hit CORK!!! LOLOl:D:D

Ah yes, the weather frequently will wait on me to find the appropiate attire, you know, wellies, thick socks, gloves, scarf, etc etc.. :D:D;), Have a fab pic of snowman we made in Feb but can't get to it today. Maybe over weekend.

Leahyl, if snow lands in Leitrim and you are missed out, we will build a snowman or snow-animal in your honour! best I can do, while the weather may wait for me, it won't always do what its told, like spread out and hit CORK!!! LOLOl:D:D

Aaaaw i am honoured! I'm looking forward to seeing this snow animal now...sniff...:)

Aaaaw i am honoured! I'm looking forward to seeing this snow animal now...sniff...:)

Any special requests??? Its the hubby that's good at the auld sculpturing!!

Any special requests??? Its the hubby that's good at the auld sculpturing!!

A dog! A bichon frise - that's the dog i have myself - such a little cutie!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

This gets worse and worse!:mad:

Befor moaning about something read what it is carefully.

UK Outlook for Wednesday 23 Dec 2009 to Friday 1 Jan 2010

• Advertisement

A dog! A bichon frise - that's the dog i have myself - such a little cutie!

That is such a cute dog, had to google to see what it looks like, that should look great if we get the right kind of snow for building!! Fingers crossed again;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement