Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car hire Dublin?

• 18-12-2009 10:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

Family member is visiting for a week this Christmas, anyone know which of the companies at Dublin airport offer good value on a small car, are all they all the same?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

not all the same.....
    Prices vary, hugely..... shop around...
    generally if the tourist trade is busy, places like Hertz and Avis are expensive as cars get scarcer, prices rise.....
    likewise, if the tourist market is quiet, there is a glut of tourist rental cars around, hertz and avis are cheaper....

if it was me I would ring, Hertz, Avis for prices then compare them to Enterprise(tourist market generally doesn't effect their pricing structure)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Family member is visiting for a week this Christmas, anyone know which of the companies at Dublin airport offer good value on a small car, are all they all the same?

Cheers.

Enterprise usually work out the cheapest any time I've priced them against the competition.

www.enterprise.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Cheers, Enterprise seem hard to beat alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Give Dollar Thrifty a look too. I worked there around two years ago, and their rates were pretty decent then. I could be wrong, but it was just less than €100 to rent a small car for the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Don't walk up on the day !! Book in advance and pref on the internet. The earlier the better. Prices are probably going up daily at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭ba oom bop didi

The earlier you can book the better. Try a few of the cost comparison models and consider the excess insurance option that comes with most. This is usually cheaper than you will be charged if you decide to take up the policy at the airport.

Shopping around is best. Try a few google searches and compare broker prices with the actual companies offering the car - hertz, budget etc - full list here - http://www.dublinairport.com/to-and-from/car-rentals/

Advertisement