Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covers for vents

Options
  • 18-12-2009 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where to get covers for the various vents in the house?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Its ok sorry i searched found more on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

ciaran67 wrote: »
    Its ok sorry i searched found more on it.
    Care to share just incase someone comes by this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Jammyc wrote: »
    Care to share just incase someone comes by this?

Went to Woodies and instead of covers that go over the vents you have already, you have to buy new ones. Its been like a fridge in my front room this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

I did that last year. Took off vent covers in front room and filled around wavin pipe with expanding foam. There was a really bad finish around pipes and wind was getting in and coming out under the skirting boards! I've since taken the skirting boards off completely and found there's plenty of room under there for hiding stuff. I hid 2 more large cans of expanding foam there along both external walls and now the room stays warm for much longer. Worth the effort for 25e

Advertisement