Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, should I get an Android phone?

• 18-12-2009 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Howdy,

This sounds like the kind of thing which will've been asked before, so sorry if it has. (I tried searching...)

I'm looking to get an Android phone. The cheapest I can get is the Samsung Spica (via o2 upgrade and trade-in).

Any idea if it's any good?

How does it compare to the HTC Hero etc? It seems to have a better processor but less RAM, and a different UI - not sure of the effect of these.

Should I just wait a bit until more handsets are available?

The biggy for me really is whether a mid-spec Android phone like the Spica is better than my n95. The one killer app I have on the n95 is Joikuspot - Is there anything similar for Android (Google turned up something called ndroi, which seems to have ceased development).

Thanks!

Advertisement